Player Editing

TonyPullen
TonyPullen
edited February 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
My players are seeimingly unable to edit any page unless they created it first.

Is this standard?

For example: it means that the "treasure log" wiki page I (as DM) created can only be updated by me!

None of them seem to be ab;le to find the edit icon when they log in.

How do I see what they see?

TIA

Comments

• Thorvaldr
    Thorvaldr
    One thing I did was make make a second profile for DM PC's for when we're role-playing on the forum. (So I use my main screen name for DM-y type stuff, setting the scenery, describing someone, saying what is/isn't allowed, and the DM PC account for actual in-character role-playing.) The other benefit of this is that the DM PC account isn't a DM account, so I can see what the players see.

But yes, when signed into that account, I can still edit wiki pages that were not created by that account. Are your other players signed in?

TLDR: Yes, even as a not-creator or not-GM, your players should still be able to edit pages. :P ...I tend to ramble.

-Thorvaldr
    DM of "Tyellador":https://tyellador.obsidianportal.com/
  • TonyPullen
    TonyPullen
    Well my players are very confused.

They log in and can't edit anything unkless they've created it.

Is there something I have set wrong on the campaign?
  • Thorvaldr
    Thorvaldr
    Hmmmm, weird! I'm not _aware_ of any settings that could do that. If you want to temporarily invite me to your campaign, I'll take a look. (Just add "Thorvaldr" into the "Invite New Player" box in your Players tab in your Settings.) I'll see if I can edit, and once that's done you can remove me from your campaign.

-Thorvaldr
  • TonyPullen
    TonyPullen
    Thanks. Done.
  • Thorvaldr
    Thorvaldr
    So yes, your edit icon _is_ there, but it is hard to see. I am possibly attaching an overly large picture to demonstrate:

!(media-item-align-none){width:200px;}//db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/assets/300170/edit_icon_button.jpg?1393335466(edit_icon_button.jpg)!

If you want to make it more visible, and have access to CSS (If you're an Ascendant member), you can put the following in your CSS:

bc. #content .icon-edit {color:red !important;}

This will change all of your edit buttons all over your campaign. Only you and your players will see this button, anybody else visiting can't see it. If you only want to change the edit button of your wiki, we can do that as well.

-Thorvaldr
  • TonyPullen
    TonyPullen
    Thanks. I will let the guys know and see what they find. I'll also use that bit of CSS.

Cheers.
  • TonyPullen
    TonyPullen
    Success!

Turns out it wasn't a wiki page they were moaning about but items. (Yeah, I know, OP doesn't recommend items!)

No item has been allocated to any character yet (I'm still sorting it all out) but when it is - THEN they can edit things. Hurrah!

Thanks for your help anyway - the red edit icon is now much easier to see....

PS: Of course this means either I create the shed load of treasure they're going to find and allocate it when they do - or, they create the items and self-allocate. (If they forget to do this, I may be a mean GM and say "What ring of protection +5, it isn't in the items list ... you must have dropped it somewhere!" Mwahaha.
    Post edited by TonyPullen on