Help sought for Empire Apocalypse https://empire-apocalypse.obsidianportal.com/dashboard

Odhinn_AllFather
Odhinn_AllFather
edited January 2014 in Campaign Portal Building
Looking for some post-reforge help with my campaign. I can simplify my current major aims:
1. Is there a way to change the white default background on every page? Very hard on the eyes and feel of the campaign. Can it be made opague across the entire campaign? I had a black background as a default. That would be better if possible.

2. I have the same question regarding default font color, especially on the front page. I had a red or dark orange on black that I would like to restore.

3. Can the default to the dashboard be changed to the front page?

I am pasting the original CSS I used below, some of it seems to have taken, some of has not.

Thanks to any Vanguard willing to help.

/* High Level Look and Feel Items */
#content {border:1px solid darkred; background-color:opague;color:darkorange;}
#wrapper {border:none; background-color:transparent;}
#campaign-banner-container {border:1px solid red;border-radius:6px;}
#campaign-content {border:1px solid red;border-radius:6px;padding:4px;}

/* If you want a custom background wallpaper remove the slashes and asterisks from the below item and change the URL to your picture */
/*body {background-image:url('http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/130777/Zombie_Apocalypse_by_rubenz87.jpg
');background-attachment:fixed;}*/

/* your campaign comments */
.comment-list .comment {border-bottom:1px solid red;}
.comment-list .comment {border:1px solid red;margin-bottom:5px;}
.comment-list .comment.odd {background-color:black;border:1px solid darkred;}
.comment-list .comment-header {min-height:50px;}
.comment-list .comment-text {border:none;padding:3px;}

/* the columns and sidebars on the right side */
#secondary-column .sidebar {border:1px solid red; border-radius:6px; padding:10px; background-color:black;}
#secondary-column .sidebar a:link {color:red; text-decoration:none;}
#secondary-column .sidebar a:visited {color:red; text-decoration:none;}
#secondary-column .sidebar a:hover {color:orange; text-decoration:underline;}
#secondary-column .sidebar a:active {color:red; text-decoration:none;}

#secondary-column .sidebar h4 {font-size:110%; margin:5px; color:red; border-bottom:1px solid red;}
#secondary-column .sidebar .recent-update {border-bottom:1px dotted red;}

/* Your default Obsidian Portal navigation menu */
.tab-container {border-style:none;}
.tabnav {margin:1px;border-style:none;background:none;margin-bottom:5px;}
.tabnav a:link,.tabnav a:visited,.tabnav a:active {color:red;background-color:transparent;border-style:solid;border-color:darkred;border-width:1px;}
.tabnav a:hover {color:darkorange;background-color:transparent;border-style:solid;border-color:darkorange;border-width:1px;}
.tabnav a.active:link,.tabnav a.active:visited,.tabnav a.active:active,.tabnav a.active:hover{color:orange;background-color:black;border-style:solid;border-color:orange;border-width:1px;}

/* how your page headers look */
#campaign-content h1 {color:red;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted darkred;}
#campaign-content h2 {color:red;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted darkred;}
#campaign-content h3 {color:red;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted darkred;}
#campaign-content h4 {color:red;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted darkred;}
#campaign-content h5 {color:red;margin-top:5px;margin-bottom:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted darkred;}

/* default link behavior */
#campaign-content a:link {color:red;text-decoration:none;}
#campaign-content a:visited {color:red;text-decoration:none;}
#campaign-content a:hover {color:orange;text-decoration:underline;}
#campaign-content a:active {color:red;text-decoration:none;}

/* how links to pages that don’t exist yet look */
#campaign-content a:link.create-wiki-page-link {color:darkgreen;text-decoration:underline;}
#campaign-content a:visited.create-wiki-page-link {color:darkgreen;text-decoration:underline;}
#campaign-content a:hover.create-wiki-page-link {color:green;text-decoration:underline;}
#campaign-content a:active.create-wiki-page-link {color:darkgreen;text-decoration:underline;}

/* WIKI PAGES */
.wiki-page .textile_longtext.page-body img {border:1px solid red;}

/* ADVENTURE LOG */
#campaign-content .adventure-log-list {}
.adventure-log-page {margin-bottom:5px;}
.adventure-log-page .post-header {background-color:black;border:1px solid red;border-radius:6px;padding:4px;}
#campaign-content h3.post-title {border-bottom:none;}
#campaign-content h4.post-tagline {border-bottom:none;}
#campaign-content h5.post-time {border-bottom:none;color:gray;}
.adventure-log-page .textile_longtext.post-body img {border:1px solid red;}

/* MAP TAB */
#campaign-content h3.map-name {border-bottom:none;}
#campaign-content h2.map-name {border-bottom:none;}

Comments

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Hey there! Let's see if we can get you sorted out here. Probably the easiest way is for you to invite me to the game as a Co-GM, so that I can update the CSS for you (and of course explain what I'm doing as things get sorted out). Alternately, we can copy and paste CSS back and forth in here, but that's kind of a pain.

Touching on your specific questions: Font colors and backgrounds should be generally easy to handle. Just a matter of going through and running down all the places we need to set things. We'll probably run into an issue or two with the backgrounds, but we should be able to make it work. On the default page front on the other hand, we really don't have the option to change it. But that being said, visitors _will_ go straight to the home page. Only people actually in the campaign go to the dashboard page by default (non-members can't even see the Dashboard, Forum, Calendar, and Settings pages - basically all the ones with the solid white default background).
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Alrighty Odhinn, I got your invite (though you need to also set me to co-GM so I can access the campaign setup section), and I've got your changes ready to go in template form. We just need to talk about what specific colors you want to use for everything.

For the future reference of anyone else, basically what was involved here was picking through every page, editing page, and modal dialog and targeting them for color change of background and text color. The net result is a style sheet that provides central control over the color scheme of your entire campaign. The style sheet is around 500 lines long, but it lets you change the color scheme in a unified way by doing a find and replace on a small number of actual color codes. It's completely thorough (as far as I know, anyway), and controls colors for everything in a campaign that it can. There are a few things where color is baked into an image or inline CSS, but they're few and far between.

"http://omnichron.net/external/op/optheme.css":http://omnichron.net/external/op/optheme.css (Template) Work from this. Default colors set to various shades of gray.
    "http://omnichron.net/external/op/opblue.css":http://omnichron.net/external/op/opblue.css (Blue Test) Turns everything it can the same color, to see what you can't change.