edited May 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• cknudson7
    cknudson7
    using IE7 (7.0.5730.11)
    1. Click "0 comments" on any adventure log post
    2. enter some text (I entered 'test') in the comment box
    3. click 'submit comment'
    4. button greys out, indicator gif appears and just spins, comment never finishes posting (after about 5 minutes)
  • Micah
    Micah
    Thanks for the report. We'll look into this.

Did commenting _ever_ work for you, or did it always fail?
  • cknudson7
    cknudson7
    I never saw it work in IE. Worked fine for me in Firefox 2.0 (.11? whatever the latest version is)
    I got around it, I can just use Firefox, the site seems to work better with that browser anyway.
    Thanks
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, we're not exactly great about cross browser testing, and Firefox is our clear favorite.

Still, I'll try to dig out a copy of IE7 somewhere and see if I can do some more testing. It's high time.

Thanks for the bug report though, I needed a kick in the pants to do some more IE testing.
  • ajb47
    ajb47
    Actually, it seems to have stopped working in Safari 3.1.1. I used to be able to post comments, but as of 2 days ago, it stopped working.

AJ
  • Micah
    Micah
    Do you get the same behavior as cknudson? A spinning wheel and the button never re-activates?

I switched commenting to be more responsive and use javascript, but apparently that has caused some problems...

I'll try to get some time this weekend to look at it and see if I can figure anything out.
  • ajb47
    ajb47
    Yes. The spinning wheel and nothing else.

AJ
  • Micah
    Micah
    This is fixed now. Turns out that IE and Firefox treat submit buttons a little differently. Learn something new every day...

Like I said, we rely on bug reports like this to find things that have slipped through, so thanks a ton for this report!