CSS implementation

Hugopt
Hugopt
edited November 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
I'm still learning the ropes but could someone tell me how to implement the CSS on Obsidian Portal? Is it just a matter of copying and pasting the code to the CSS window? I've tried that with several other free CSS provided by other Obsidian users and the results are weird to say the least. I'd appreciate if someone could give me some initial pointers. Thanks.

Comments

• madartiste
    madartiste
    If you go into the settings section of your dashboard, click on "styles", and then scroll down to the "custom CSS" entry box you should be able to paste it in there. Depending on what code you've taken, you could get some odd results. Things that are targeting site-wide CSS objects (ie. classes and id's that the developers have coded to be the same for all campaigns) should work correctly. If you've picked up a piece of code that references custom classes that an individual user has made and used on their own site, you could get some weird results since you'll be missing things.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi Hugopt.

Yes - cutting and pasting the code you find on various forum threads into your CSS window should work.
    If it doesn't quite produce the results you expect -- tell us what you did and what you expected. I suspect lots of folk will be willing to help (I know I am).

- ketherian
    "Signs and Portends":https://swtwc.obsidianportal.com/