Vanguards as Co-GM

wolfhound
wolfhound
edited November 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
How exactly is this supposed to work/is it functionality that's in the system yet?

This is from the Blog post - the relevant bit to my question

>

I am not seeing the CSS block like I would on my own/home campaigns, of course I can edit tags within pages ... but obviously that's only a fraction of what needs to be done to really enact a fix.

(my Wolfhound ID is added as CO-GM to Twiggyleaf's Mysteria campaign https://mysteria.obsidianportal.com/ )

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    Yeah, that might be a problem. At the moment, the best fix is to have the GM of the campaign temporarily promote the vanguard to full GM status; the vanguard does his fixes, then re-promotes the other GM back.
  • JustinMason
    JustinMason
    Well, personally, I could likely assist a GM with a fix just by having them send me a copy of their existing custom CSS block, discussing what they want it to do, and then update the CSS to accommodate. Then the GM could just update the custom CSS block themselves with a copy/paste. What I would likely do is set up a temp campaign on my own OP account and apply the changes to provide a preview of the CSS in action; make adjustments accordingly via discussion with the GM, and then forward on the functional CSS.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Yeah, that seems like the best work-around for this to me as well. Probably copy-paste it over to a test campaign to make sure everything is water tight. It does make it a lot more difficult though, especially if there's any complex content or custom layout going on.
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    I've been helping folks precisely in that way for a while now, I was hoping the "vanguard program" would actually provide additional tools. Guess not.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Clearly that was the plan, heh. I think they just missed a step. Hopefully something they can sort out quick and easy, but you never can tell.
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Looks like it's fixed. I now can see Settings/Style tab as Co-GM. Thanks OP guys! :)
    Post edited by wolfhound on
  • Langy
    Langy
    Sweet! That's something I wanted way back when (before Cernig promoted me to proper-GM of Edgerunners), but it's still good news.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Yes, that is good for everyone, not just the Vanguard program! Well done Micah and crew!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":https://a-god-rebuilt.obsidianportal.com
    "OP's COTM April 2012":http://blog.obsidianportal.com/a-god-rebuilt-aprils-cotm/
    Unabashadly pushing for 300 fans!

Just trying to help out.