Obsidian Portal Style Guide

FuManchuDrew
FuManchuDrew
edited October 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi Everyone,

The reforging is coming together and we're excited by some of the style changes. A lot of what we've built is still subject to change as we add stretch goal features and refine the site even further, but we thought this would be a good time to introduce a public style guide. This will be an open document that shows body classes and a break down of our basic structure. Feel free to give us feedback and suggest changes to the document here and we'll try to evolve it quickly into a great reference for everyone.

"Obsidian Portal Styling Guide":https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SEGiRhBC5I-JjZJROQnWuJ0W-6SXfZ9uAgMPstu0hcA/

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks Drew, and Micah (since Micah's the named author of the document)

Just trying to help out.

• ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi. Looks like a great start.

The style guide mentions Foundation 4; is that http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/ foundation? If so, I recommend a link to the docs in question.

Are User State Body Classes new?
    The Dashboard Body Class (or at least it's content) you've already previewed for us. For now, I'd recommend putting a description if not a link to the page there.
    That leaves Public Facing Body Class:" .campaign-public-layout". Is this then the new name for what is currently called "campaign-home"?

It's hard to ask questions about the remaining classes without examples; or at least a working css with these items. I did a few spot-checks, so maybe I missed something.

I look forward to seeing how this grows.
    If I can help with the documentation, please let me know.
    --
    Rebecca Downey
    [email protected]
  • FuManchuDrew
    FuManchuDrew
    Thanks Rebecca, I added a link.

User state body classes aren't new, but the old site has them target just individual pages. With the new system we're allowing a GM to customize and target just front facing public campaign pages (campaign home, maps, characters, wiki pages, adv. logs...) and target the dashboard (forums, calendar, settings...) separately. The class .campaign-public-layout targets all those public facing pages. The new user state classes also allow you to target only campaign members / players, or only non-players with certain styles.

We're using a solid mix of foundation and our custom containers, so the linked foundation doc really will be your best friend.

Feel free to post more suggestions here and we'll incorporate them into the document.
  • ras_kcir
    ras_kcir
    All right. If this is something real, i.e. part of the help environment, it shouldn't be on the google... and what is this about Foundation? Does the site actually use this?
  • call_lighting
    call_lighting
    Is this real? I agree with ras_kcir, it should not be on google, it should be here....
  • abu_is_evil
    abu_is_evil

No answers since 2013, yet a stickied thread....

Just trying to help out.

• Keryth987
    Keryth987

This entire topic is out of date. Just FYI