Introducing Myself

ajb47
ajb47
edited April 2008 in Player Lounge

Comments

• ajb47
    ajb47
    Hello, there.

I was brought into Obsidian Portal by my wife, bevinflannery. She added her campaign, Weight of Rubies, and now I am adding a mini-campaign (that is being run for my wife and one other friend) that I am calling Trouble in the Silver Marches.

I've been playing D&D for nigh on 30 years. (Yeah! I got to say "nigh on".) In the last dozen or so, our group has added various White Wolf games, also. Mostly, I have been a DM, but when the group lost a few members and added some new ones, there were two of us. Now we have five out of seven who have run games. It's fun getting to play once in awhile.

We haven't done a lot with OP yet, but from what we have done, we like it a lot. I plan on adding my campaigns and chronicles as I start them from here on out. I'd like to thank those who work on Obsidian Portal for giving us a great tool.

AJ
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    Er, ah.... Hi. Don't forget to walk the dog tonight.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    bq. Er, ah…. Hi. Don’t forget to walk the dog tonight.

Best forum greeting EVAR!
  • Micah
    Micah
    A truly wired family...

Sometimes my wife sends me instant messages rather than yelling up the stairs, and no, our house is not that big ;)
  • bevinflannery
    bevinflannery
    Heh. I was actually posting from work. However, he did just get a new MacBook Pro (Macbook? macBook?) _cue Bugs Bunny "Hansel? Hansel?" routine_ because he never gets any time on the MacBook. We have a couple of friends who are a dual-laptop couple, and the wife has said that she routinely IMs her husband _from the same room._
  • IceBob
    IceBob
    Me and my missus have been guilty of that, and far too often to communicate between separate rooms of the same house.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Heh. Sometimes I'd have an excuse for that. When my sweetie and I are both on the computer, we're within eyeshot of each other, but sometimes I like to put on the headphones and listen to music or watch videos and he's far enough away that I wouldn't hear him if he spoke in a normal tone of voice.
  • DMaple
    DMaple
    Surely he could still throw things at you to get your attention....
  • ajb47
    ajb47
    We actually haven't had to communicate via computer while in the same room yet, let alone on the same floor. At some point, I can see it happening if we are on separate floors of the house, though.

AJ