GM Only Information Block

Pok
Pok
edited April 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Pok
    Pok
    Firstly I just want to say again how much this website rocks my world. Great work, guys, keep it up.

I've noticed that the text in the GM Only section displays differently on the wiki pages than the adventure log pages. The wiki will provide a GM Only sub-heading, where the adventure log pages do not.

I've taken to writing all my GM Only information on adventure log pages in a grey cell to differentiate it. (edit: I can't quite figure out how to provide an example, you'll have to use your imagination) I do this by putting all my GM Only notes on log pages in this tag:

table{border:1px solid black}.
    |{background:#ddd}. GM Only stuff|

I find this works really nicely, and I've been carrying it over to my wiki pages.

So what I would like to ask for is a consistent distinction between public and GM only entries across the log and wiki pages, and could that be with a text box of some kind, rather than sub headings?

Opinions?
  • Micah
    Micah
    Sounds like a good idea and wouldn't be too hard to do.

What do others think? How would you like this to work? We can use the heading structure like now, or we can differentiate with a different color background or something.
  • Pok
    Pok
    I couldn't get the forum post editor to play nice, so I made a "prettier page":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/tondora/wiki/campaign-web/test to explain what I mean a bit better.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Wow, you guys sure do learn Textile faster than me. I'm always amazed at the neat boxes and formatting that people come up with.

I like the grey background, but it will be a little strange on larger pages. You'll have a regular text display on top, then a big grey text display below. Perhaps some sort of divider image or line would work better?
  • kitsuki
    kitsuki
    I would be okay with either format for GM Only info. The grey looks nice, and I don't think I'd have a problem with larger blocks of it. However, the sub-heading text works just fine.

I would like to see one of them implemented when you get the chance.

My household is loving the site, guys. Thanks!
  • Micah
    Micah
    I've set it so there's a dividing line between the public and GM only material, along with a header saying "GM only" Hopefully this will make it clear where the dividing point is!