Latest updates

rosignol
rosignol
edited April 2008 in Feature Requests

Comments

• rosignol
    rosignol
    Thank you for implementing this. It was a feature I'd wanted but didn't know to ask for.
  • Micah
    Micah
    Thanks for the thanks :) I always get a little depressed when I add a new feature and no one says anything.

We'll be expanding this in the near future to offer (hopefully) the following:

* user-updates (get a list of all updates for a particular user)
    * friend-updates (get a list of all your friends' updates)
    * favorite-updates (get a list of all the updates to your favorite campaigns)

Plus, these will all have associated RSS feeds making it easy to track them in your favorite RSS reader (I suggest "Google Reader":http://www.google.com/reader/view/)
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I like the feature, except now one of my fellows knows that I tried to sneak in and correct his grammar on his adventure log post. ;)

Favorite-updates should be fun. My personal ideal for update notifications would be the ability to specify whether you were adding/editing content or simply fixing mechanical issues, so the folks faving a campaign would know whether or not they should immediately drop everything and make a mad dash to go see the changes. But my crew swings by so infrequently that I just email 'em and say "hey, new narrative's up".
  • Micah
    Micah
    We're going to watch it for a while and try to figure out the correct level of feedback from the updates. Right now, it looks like it's too much.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to add a checkbox on the wiki edit page to allow for "this is a small update, don't notify" like Wikipedia/Mediawiki has. Still, I don't really use it all that much anyway, since I constantly edit/save/edit/save and sometimes forget to check the box.
  • Pok
    Pok
    Maybe have the checkbox default to don't notify? Or two 'Save' buttons: 'Save and Notify' & 'Save on the Sly'.

How about if it would only notify if certain rules are met, like there is more than 10 words added, or a player edited a page not made by them, etc?

Now I'm just making it too complicated. :)