My best campaign ever....

Comments

• Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CYRAX vs REPTILE & FROST:

Cyrax quickly discovered Akira still had loyal defenders when he squared off against Frost and Reptile.
    Unfortuntately for Reptile the encounter would be his last when Cyrax tears the Ninja apart and nearly takes Frost's life.
    Cyrax ignores Frost and continues on it's mission to eliminate Akira Lin-Keui but has its efforts foiled at the last possible moment by none other than North himself, dressed as Smoke.
    During his fight with Reptile, Cyrax was damaged and lost plating.
    Reptile had used his spitter attack to no effect at the time on the unarmored section of torso but the corrosive bile has finally dripped into a vulnerable place, slowing Cyrax considerably.
    Frost had tried to capitalize upon that weakness but was similarly unable to do so.
    By the time North reached Cyrax, he had just turned from his "passed up" coups-de-gras upon Frost and was bearing down upon Akira himself, as if sensing time was short.
    Of all the Tsurimatsuo Legends, Frost is the only elite to survive Tsugi's coup d'etats.

CYRAX vs NIMBUS:

North was able to manage an interjecting swing as Cyrax attepted to burn Akira to cinders but "Smoke's" attack managed to knock his arm aside, sparing Akira from a burning fate.
    "Smoke" landed a nanothorn kick upon the ninja-boomer. Cyrax parried the attack at the last moment but did so at the loss of a limb.
    Cyrax tried to counter with a triple-kick combo but the Smoke armor shifted it's wearer "out of phase" with each incoming strike, making attacks as useless as "striking at a shadow".
    The came the telltale roar of .660NE as a single shot clean through the ninja-boomers torso and sent it back six feet before falling on it's back.
    To make sure he stayed down, Knowledge put his last .660NE round through the back of Cyrax's head.

EXCELLENT!!!

FATALITY!!!

His security teams here absent in the Shrine.
    No Tsurimatsuo were to found anywhere that were not dead or dying.
    Akira was completely alone.
    The Jumper looks to the VERY shocked Akira Lin-Keui and tosses his daughter's bloodied sword at his feet.

Akira: "Tell me you have Looking Glass and I will let you live."

The Jumper nodded his head.

North: "Look around Lin-Keui...(North pauses by a feeled ninja and nudges his head with his foot)...there's nobody left here."
    Akira: "Give it to me, NOW!"
    North: "It's just you and me..."
    Akira: "I COMMAND YOU!!!"
    North: "Not anymore you don't...I warned you about Tsugi, but you wouldn't listen. She made sure security in this section is loyal to her and no one else."

Knowledge drew his .45ACP and chambered a round...

North: "Nobody is going to disturb us now, Akira."
    Akira: "For the last time...(Lin-Keui picks up the sword)...give me Looking Glass."
    North: "I've got a better idea...why don't you come take it?"

Although in agony, Frost stood up behind North as a being of pure ice & snow.
    Without even looking at his foe, Knowledge fires the .45 off into her kneecap and blows the icy appendage off, causing her to lose cohesion and crumble on the spot.
    This didn't intimidate Akira.

He drew his daughter's katana and adopted a fighting stance that Knowledge had never seen before.

Akira: "I told you before...that armor suits you..."

He raised the blade to strike and Knowledge shot him in the arm, sending the sword flying from his grasp.
    The .45 also ran out of ammo at that moment.
    Akira went to recover his blade but when he turned back to find Knowledge, the Jumper was nowhere to be seen.
    Already he could make out the searchlights from a patrol craft closing in the distance.
    Lin-Keui had only but to delay Knowledge to win...he knows his enemy is close, he just doesn't know exactly where but once the gunship arrives, it's game over.

Knowledge, on the otherhand, realizes at this distance...he's not looking at "spotlights"...he's looking at "god-lights" and only one ship uses those."

North: "Well it's about bloody time..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

The Jumper checks while behind cover and finds he has only five .45ACP bullets remaining.
    Akira (thanks to Greg) critically fails his perception check and believes Knowledge has run out of ammunition.

Akira, believing he has won, starts to move towards Knowledge, raising his daughter's sword in anticipation of striking.
    North waits till he's at point blank range to shoot him once in centre-mass.

Akira, doesn't even believe he has been shot at first...he looks at his own blood as if confused...as if it belonged to North.
    He staggers backwards, as if unaware he'd even been hit and upon reaching a wall, stops and slides down the wall to a sitting posture, smearing crimson in his wake.
    As North steps up to him he fires three more shots into Lin-Keui. A double-tap to centre-mass and a single shot to the skull.
    This left one shot remaining...

"Three down...one to go."

Smoke pauses by Frost as she struggles to maintain focus.
    She looks up at him in defeat.
    To keep his secret as Nimbus...North decaptitates Frost before she can speak.
    At this moment, Ermac had finally managed to pound open the inner shrine doorways, showing Smoke in all his splendor...

A flood of Tsurimatsuo Acolytes poured into the room.
    Their number was beyond counting and Ermac lead the charge.
    Nothing would stop them this time.

This was when Smoke/Knowledge turned around clad in the leader's traditional armor...

The entire Clan froze in their tracks and bowed as one to whomever could master the art of Smoke.
    They bowed to the only man who could best their Master Akira Lin-Keui.
    At a quick glance, there must have been at least three or four score assassins who all yielded to the disguised North as if he were their leige...Smoke...One True Lord of the Tsurimatsuo Clan.

If they discovered who he was, he'd be killed before he could get ten yards.
    Red armor clad Acolytes surround Smoke and bow in reverence to him.

NIMBUS vs ERMAC - ROUND II:

North see's the approaching "god-lights" almost upon them and knows his time for suprise attack is rapidly running out.
    Ermac removes his helmet and bows to Smoke.
    North doesn't hesitate and shoots Ermac in the crown with his last bullet (as he bowed) instead and disables the ninja-cyborg in a single skullshot before push kicking him over into some suprised Acolytes.

Smoke the uses the empty pistol on the Hand warrior closest to him, pistol-whipping him across the nightvision goggles and shattering them into his eyes.
    The Tsurimatsuo to his other side tries to draw his sword but Smoke steps into him and the momentum resheathes the blade.
    North then takes that warrior by the swordarm and judo throws him to the floor nose first.
    He hits hard and after faceplanting, ceases all form of involuntary motion.

The remaining 75+ or so realize they've been had somehow...and they aren't too happy about it.
    They also begin to realize their nightvision is starting to shortout and is blinding them.
    Taking advantage of the temporary twist of fate, North (as Smoke) draws his sword and swings wild, cutting all who stand around him mortally with his nanothorn blade.
    The technique was sloppy but devastating.
    A Tsurimatsuo would lunge into attack. North would go out of phase just long enough for the attacker to overshoot his mark, then executed a flawless backwards strike with his katana.
    After he had cut down six of their best, they stopped facing him one-on-one...but each met with an identical fate.
    Cut to ribbons.
    Before anyone could react, he had already cut down a half dozen more.
    He moved like a ghost.
    Those he kills never even see him coming.
    Passing through floors and walls and ceilings at whim to ambush his quarry.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
    Post edited by Adenides on
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

Knowledges favorite tactic was allowing the enemy to flank him, only to fade into shadow as a fatal blow were to be struck, having it hit his teammate instead.
    North paused twice in the combat to pick up dropped Lorcin's and go akimbo on the Tsurimatsuo Acolytes closest to him.

At this moment, the plexiglass ceiling shattered and fell in upon the atrium below.
    The "god-lights" blinded and disabled any who dared to look as four Hard Suits and two Motoroids landed around North and began to open fire at anything standing.
    8.8cm rockets, 35mm chainguns, 20mm gattling guns, 20mm grenades, Micro N-PAWS cannons, various gauges of Railgun, Banshees, Repulsor bursts...and within seconds, nothing was standing around North aside from Stormfront.
    The Knightwraith's chinguns slowly spin to a stop as a section of wall they fired upon is pushed outwards by a pair of Motoroids.
    Hurricane hoists Nimbus/Smoke and jet leaps into the Wraith's aft cargohold.
    The last of the Hard Suits leaps to the Wraith as pillars of light seem to "sparkle from the heavens"...followed by a focused KILLSAT particle beam orbital artillary salvo explosion in its wake.

Thanks to O'Shea, the Wraith veers away from the Lin-Keui Arcology at the final moment as a salvo of orbital lasers sears the top off the mega-structure.
    The explosion fills the NT-1 skyline for hours.

Even more of a shock came stories that Akira Lin-Keui perished not by "assassination" but by "accident" when the orbital platforms "misfired" on Lin-Keui Arcology.
    There was no word of Smoke.
    No word of the A.R.F.
    No word of the Knightwing or the Stormfront.

Tsugi Lin-Keui did turn up after a while but was reported to have been "injured in the blast" and suffered from partial amnesia, but this didn't prevent her from becoming sole heir to the Lin-Keui fortune after her father was declared legally dead.
    Things worked out for Odd Kat. TRIADE & Lin-Keui still had a lucrative exclusive trading agreement. Tsugi would be rich.
    Kat still had Looking Glass under wraps for a few more years...with D.B. gone "missing" that was as "good" as he could hope for.
    Odd was so pleased with how things had turned out that he decided to give Knowledge a tip he had come into pocession of.
    It was about an Alfa-class submarine by the name of "The Piotr Arumov" nuclear payload intact and rumor had it, she was anchored in Corpus Christie.
    That wasn't all. There was also mention of the name Brax Milton and his boss, Gary Stevenson!
    He thanked him for the tip but Knowledge never saw the tomahawk & bowie Odd Kat took from him ever again.

(As a footnote: Immediately after becoming the Matron of Lin-Keui, Tsugi divorced Kano and there was much rejoicing.)

The Knightwraith is seen flying homeward bound to North America at sunset, somewhere over the pacific.

Sally pilots the Wraith and despite exhaustion seems none the worse for wear.

Erica, Lisa, Cathy and Rebecca all sit relaxed in their seats, convinced they've gotten away scott-free.
    Vivian, Seven and Cammy all sit somewhat less certain, right beside them.
    Knowledge sleeps in the cockpit right behind Sally at the REO position.

Rebecca stands beside Vivian as she rests in her seat with Helen in her lap.

Becca: "What did you say it was again?"
    Vivian: "I didn't say anything...Portney did...and he said they haven't taken it out yet either."
    Becca: "Don't tell him."
    Vivian: "Only two things are certain if he ever finds out he still has an MFP implant in his head...one of them is "Portney is gonna get shot" and the other is the person who tells him that is likely to get shot right before Portney does...bear that in mind."
    Seven: "He saved my life...(she nudges Hoo)...help him."
    Vivian: "Seriously?"
    Seven: "Just this once?"
    Vivian: "You heard the boss...I'll see what else I can find on the Piotr Arumov."
    Seven: "I'll relieve Sally-"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

Rebecca stops Seven from sitting up.

Becca: "Hey there...Look, Seven is it? Okay, well Seven, O'Shea is a BIT high strung and she's armed to the tats up there and she DOESN'T like boomers, so...bad idea if ever there was one. I'd steer clear of Erica too if I were you."
    Seven: "But she must be exhausted?"
    Becca: "Oh, I'm pretty sure she is but O'shea is solid...if she says she's okay...then she's okay."

This was the pilot's second eight-hour flight in 24 hours and they were doing it with one hand.
    Sally was a goddess on the stick.

On the flight home, Vivian and Knowledge did their best to piece together what had happened for the others.
    No one knew the signifigance of the Arumov at the time but anything that involved Gary Stevenson was considered to be top priority with respect to Stormfront.
    Brax had been fortunate. He had the misfortune of being present at Lin-Keui Arcology when the orbital strike occured but survived the initial blast only to be buried.
    For weeks, Brax was considered missing in the catastophe and as fate would have it, Brax was the missing link between ASP/Interfist and the Piotr Arumov.
    Before touching down in the Free Oil States, Stormfront had an accurate tactical layout of the Corpus Christie subpens and surrounding defensive perimetre.

It wasn't long before they began to realize, it wouldn't take a team to hold Corpus Christie...it would take an army.

This is when Vivian & Lisa spoke up.

Lisa: "I know where we can find an army..."
    Hoo: "I know where we can equip an army..."
    Cathy: "Cheap too..."

Vivian acts as if the comment was supposed to be barbed.

Hoo: "Was that supposed to mean something?"

The Mechanic walks towards her down the aisle.

Cathy: "I'm just saying...a lot of "bargains" down there."

Vivian holds her hands up to the hypersonic Knightwraith they are currently flying in and gets a "HEL-looo" look on her face..."All this?"..."All ME!"
    Cathy stops being adversarial for a moment.

Cathy: "Yeah, this thing IS pretty cool..what's it called again?"
    Vivian: "I call her the Knightwraith...and this is her maiden flight."

Erica hangs at the cabin divider, overlooking the discussion.

Maim: "I LIKE it."
    Lisa: "This is WAY cooler than that Skycarrier you had...fraking bullet magnet that thing was."

Vivian: "It pulled YOUR keisters outta the fire on a few occasions!"

Seven laughs at her mate's frustration over the team's apparent gripes with the gear.

Erica: "Don't get me wrong Doc...Skycarrier is a classic but THIS one? You out did yourself this time Doc, ya really did...work-of-freakin'-art."
    Cathy: "S'really nice."
    Erica: "But uhhhh, One suggestion I could make about the Knightwing...it could use more food storage on these long distance hauls maybe?"
    Cathy: "More food would be nice...I'm SOOO hungry!"

The Paladin nods her head in agreement with her teammates observations.

Becca: "Now that you mention it-"
    Vivian: "FINE...I'll work on a fridge upgrade, happy now?!"
    Cathy: "It doesn't burn your butt that we all thought of the same thing...it bugs you that you never thought of it in the first place, isn't it?"
    Vivian: "I most certainly DID think of a fridge...I just didn't consider what pigs you all are."

A round of groans come from the team in response to Hoo's remark.
    Seven was suprised that regardless of how different everyone was that they all worked together seamlessly.
    The 33S-series could tell by Becca's body language and vitals that Erica was the one to take caution around the most. She was dominant and aggressive.
    Lisa seemed friendly enough but Seven could tell the lady trucker spent most of her time and energy trying to mask her true intentions from the others.
    Cathy was still unusually optimistic for a team member. Of all the Stormfront, Seven remembered thinking she seemed the most out of place...until she saw her stowing away the hard suits and assorted technology like they were her "babies".

The three she saw as the greatest potential threats were Rebecca, O'Shea and Knowledge.
    It was merely a coinsedence that each of them had cause to hate boomers more than anyone else on the team.
    Seven felt North was not a threat...she'd already seen him fight and he was no match for her but he would be "unpredictable" as would O'Shea.
    Rebecca was the only one Seven deemed a "direct" threat.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

Now, Helen would be forced to rely upon the assistance of a team of vigillantes who's sole purpose in life it is to destroy others of her kind with extreme prejudice.
    A dubious proposition at best.
    Still, she trusted Doctor Hoo and if she said Stormfront would be able to keep them safe, Seven had little choice but to take her word for it.
    Helen may not have trusted Stormfront...but she trusted Knowledge.

As if on cue, Knowledge emerged from the cockpit after his nap and looked at the subpens map.
    He then pulled out the view on the map display and brought it down upon a nearby airport.
    Knowledge then scrolls the map to focus in upon a local generator station.
    After locking in all three locations, he scrolls out to show the entire AOE in the display.
    This gets Rebecca, Lisa and Seven's attention.

North: "Once we take out the power station, we knock out the subpens and the airport simultaneously."

North scrolls into the airport.
    Intel suggests it's being held by elements of the 22nd SAS.

North: "The power station is being held by a Texas National Guard regiment...that could be a problem.
    Lisa: "They're still good with The Swords...one phonecall and they'll all ring in sick that night.
    North: "That only leaves the docks...held by SEAL Teams Three & Four with a battalion of Rangers to keep them company."
    Erica: "Who are these jokers?"
    Vivian: "My best guess would be Naval Spetnaz."
    Erica: "And we're supposed to get THAT thing...outta the pens and underway WITHOUT getting torn to pieces? Lemme save you the trouble...s'never gonna happen. Not in this life or any other."
    Becca: "Awe...frak it...I'm with the biker on this one...no way can we pull this one off boss."
    North: "You don't get it...we're not going to have to get it out of the subpens..."

Vivian slowly turns towards Knowledge and shakes her head slowly: "No-no-no-no..."

North: "You said it yourself...the Phase III portal can be adjusted to ANY size...you just need the correct coordinates."

Seven: "You want to put an entire submarine through the Looking Glass?"
    Vivian: "NO ONE has EVER tried to gate an object with it's OWN nuclear reactor before and there's a GOOD REASON for that!!!"
    North: "Can it be done Doc? Yes or No?"
    Vivian: "Theorhetically...yes, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEA-"
    North: "Can YOU do it Doc?"
    Vivian hestitates: "You'd have to stay really close to the reactor to maintain a fix..."
    Erica: "Are you friggin' kidding me!?"
    North: "I can do that."
    Cathy: "Whoa-whoa-WHOA!!!"
    North: "According to this manifest, that ship still has 13 more birds on it...each carrying 667 kilotons of nuclear payload each. IT-CAN'T-FALL-INTO-ASP-HANDS."
    Vivian: "I want to go on record by saying out of ALL the bad ideas you've EVER had...THIS is by FAR the WORST one!"
    North: "That's thirteen cities...just pick thirteen cities and wipe them out...take em off the map forever. How many millions of people is that? Sometimes...it's not about the money."

Knowledge was playing right into Stevenson's hand.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Lisa and Knowledge went to go speak with the remaining Swords of Texas.
    (Cathy was not pleased about this in the slightest!)
    Instead, she, Gi-San, Vivian, Seven and Cammy began the arduous task of prepping chinese-made armor and weapons for battle.
    Erica and Rebecca made all trips to and from the compound directly and Jimmy kept a close eye on Kirstie.

The going rate for a Sword mission like this, at the time, was 10K petro-dollars (half up front...half upon completion) or about 50-60K USD.
    North offered double out the gate and said any "suvivors" can keep all equipment used in the operation as "hazard pay".
    Most of them were ready to do it, but when Knowldege pointed out they'd not only be fighting Federalists but Russians and Monarchists as well...you'd have thought they'd have done it for free.
    The team was already dreading ASP involvement as their past encounters have only escalated in violence and frequency and nothing the Black Asp is involved with is "piece meal".

Within the weekend, the "little recruitment" swells to 1770 mercenaries & personal.
    Financing the entire operation would nearly bankrupt Knowledge.
    He did it anyways.

The Sabres knew there were few local guards regiments that would stand up to them once the shooting had started.
    C-130's would deliver the strike forces armored elements and seize control of the airport.
    Once on the ground, the armored elements would sweep towards the subpens as a diversionary tactic while a small strike team would steal the Alfa.
    Uncle Spooky would be ground support.
    Armored units would then fall back to the airport for retrieval and exfil by transport.

No one could have suspected there was a helicarrier on a stealth profile just over the horizon from Corpus Christie.

As good as Stormfront was, they couldn't possibly crew a russian nuclear submarine by themselves.
    Odd Kat would once more profit again.
    Stormfront would remove those pesky nuclear warheads and Kat would have a new boat to play with.
    They just conveniently left out the part about the submarine possibly going Chernobyl during delivery and that it was once used to almost cause World War III.

Tempest & Vortex would land with Hurricane & Tsunami at the airport to secure the armored elements foothold on the facility.
    Cyclone and Torrent would join up on the Wraith and move to intercept the subpens as the armor stages a distraction.

Nimbus will spearhead the strike against the Alfa from the Wraith...Cyclone, Tempest, Vortex, Torrent, Hurricane & Tsunami will neutralize the submarine...Vivian and Nimbus will secure the objective. You don't linger...you don't loiter...deliver your strike packages and you GTFO people.

With the help of the railways and The Brotherhood, smaller armored elements were smuggled into Corpus Christie under the noses of the Special Forces.
    As with equipment & weapons, small groups of mercenaries were beginning to trickle into Corpus Christie to use them.
    At least a third of the attack element would have the advantage of striking from within the city limits.
    The remaining 2/3rd's would have to fight their way up from the airport.

Calaveri Concepts donated some Landmates handed over by authorities, used in crimes to be scheduled for destruction, to good use.
    They would become a signifigant tactical advantage in the upcoming battle.

MBT's, IFV's and AFV's were lined up to be rolled into C-130's and Chinese Counterparts for the assault. Nothing like it had taken place in the Free Oil States since The Final Battle of the Alamo.
    The second call to battle of the people's army.
    Flying escort for the transports were a combination of F-4 Phantoms, A-4 Skyhawks and Hind Mi-24YX Gunships.
    Over the two weeks spent "in-country" before the attack took place, active campaigns were initiated to get the Corpus Christie residents to leave as quietly as they could, knowing the Federalists will stop any blockade trying to break highway quarentine.
    The campaign only meets with marginal success as at least a quarter of a million people still remain within the cities limits.
    The provisional government agrees to label any who remain "bitter clingers" or criminal elements, giving sacntion for Federalist forces and Law Enforcement to shoot on sight, any such individuals they encounter without exception.

The ruse of "military manuvers" has the locals stretched to the breaking point.
    ASP isn't sure how much longer they can maintain quarentine on the city for.
    If Stormfront fails to show, the operation would be another colossal failure.
    Then all hades broke loose at the airport...

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

At first, the SAS thought they were getting relieved and allowed the first 20 or so aircraft to land.
    The Chinese armor emerging from the transports didn't even illict a reaction from the personal working on the airfield.
    The Landmates emerging however DID.

The next dozen or so transports to land took some licks as The Swords armor, lead by Maim and Lisa with their Motoslaves swept out across the field and decimated SAS opposition in short order.
    The commando infantry were no match against Hard Suits making fast passes while optimizing their weaponry suites.
    Whenever possible, Tempest and Vortex fought to wound and not to kill.

After that...resistance became sporadic and somewhat less enthusiastic.
    The last dozen aircaft hit the runway unmolested and the balance of the attackers debarked and formed into units.
    Of all the things they might have believed was happening at that moment, a feint for Stormfront (thankfully) was NOT one of them.
    The Federalists actually feared FOS reprisals despite the "multi-jurisdictional" authority it claimed over all other intelligence services.
    The Swords armored elements were disguised as Federalist units and blended in doing exactly what they WOULD be doing during an emergency of this magnitude.

The third of the Swords within Corpus Christie wrought complete havok and operated pretty much unopposed.

Hind Mi-24YX ensured the armored convoy had air support throughout the operation.
    This didn't prevent the SEAL & Ranger teams from downing a few gunships with Stingers.
    There was little that the gunships firepower couldn't solve.
    It wasn't until the TS-37 joined the battle that Federalist forces began to push back in earnest.
    Their supplyline to the airport had been severed and the attackers couldn't maintain any momentum for long.

It wasn't a common occurance but infrequently, a Skyhawk would provide ground support and drop some ordinance on a ground designated target.
    The T-162 supertanks in FOS colors unnerved even Abrams crews.
    People could hardly believe what they were seeing.

The Knightwraith slowly decended towards the rooftop where Maim and Lisa awaited.
    Tempest leapt aboard with the two motoslaves but Vortex remained behind and waved them to go on without her. She was going to remain on-site and coordinate the ground advance with the Wraith.
    Arcing skyward, the hypersonic transport vectored towards the subpens.

It would be the last time they saw Lisa Devereaux alive.

The Knightwraith gracefully made it's way through the skyline before engaging it's stealth suite, rendering it free of detection and targeting.

The attack had spooked the subpens.
    As a ruse...two decoy submarines were launched from ajoining cradles to spoof any attackers.
    The Wraith designated which two submarines were actually "decoys" (based on their heat blooms) and then Uncle Spooky did the rest.
    The C-130 trio decimated both targets in short order. The secondary explosions which followed were large enough to collapse the subpens roof, bringing the structure crashing to the sea but the Piotr Arumov escaped the brunt of the blast and was preparing to get underway.
    The Alfa could already be seen as it turned away from the subpens as Spetnaz Chiton submersibles staged a desperate bid to prevent it from submerging.

To the astonishment of the Interfist team on the Alfa, the Knightwing decloaked before it and doing a gentle pass on the submarine, destroyed two of the Spetnaz mecha on the front of the submersible and disabled a third on it's rear before recloaking into the confusion of the firefight, only to disappear.
    As the Wraith passed over the Afla: Tempest, Torrent, Vivian and Nimbus leapt to the submarine below.
    A single Spetnaz operative managed to get from the damaged Chiton to the Alfa's rear hatch before she dove.
    The J-Type turned upon the source of the threat and triggered it's hip-mounted twin metalstorm grenade launcher pods, decimating the Russian mecha.

North debarked from the J-Type and used the suits "Autonomous Operation" mode, to keep it in play as a weapons platform.
    He prepared to storm the Submarine with Vivian and Catherine before it could dive.

One of Catherine's "Remote Mines" cleared the hatch of any defenders.
    Erica stormed the conning tower directly as Vivian, Knowledge and Cathy would storm the reactor.
    The small arms carried by sailors did little to hinder a Hard Suit.
    Erica disabled every abled body sent to stop her.
    The crew's resistance did more to damage the submarine than the Hard Suit.
    The Interfist crew was outclassed & overwhelmed in short order.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

The Federalists would soon discover the Boomer is no longer in Interfist control.
    They are prepared for just this contingency.
    A B-1 Bomber on station from the Helicarrier lies off the coast to commit its payload to prevent the loss of the Alfa.
    It is given the go code and instructed to drop it's payload on Corpus Christie.

TRIADE crew loyal to Odd Kat board the submarine and seize control.
    In the process, Mee-Chan is able to locate and neutralize the Spetnaz Rogue. North spared her life at the last moment when he seemed certain to take it.
    Knowledge also knows if he turns her over to the TRIADE, she's as good as dead. Kuraslova decides to play along with North's deception and reveals that her true mission is not to take the submarine...but to neutralize the nuclear warheads. Knowledge assures her that's his sole objective also and convinces her that her only chance to see the nukes scuttled is for her to play along with his plan. Kuraslova agrees.

Erica, upon finding the nuke compartment posts watch and makes sure no one gets near them.
    Cathy's job is to do the same thing with respect to the main reactor.
    Knowledge will wait by the reactor while Hoo triggers the gate on the bridge...then prays that everyone doesn't explode the moment the reactor or nukes cross the gate threshold.
    Nimbus is nervous but even more so when he uncovers that of the 13 warheads claimed to be aboard, only 12 are accounted for.

Rangers and SEAL Teams slow the Swords armored advance.
    Lisa is able to stay on top of the advance but resistance is heavy and ground taken is costly and consumes time.
    Most equipment & damaged vehicles in the opening of the battle have been evacuated along with the wounded.
    The Swords still control all objectives but time is running out.

Reinforcements are said to be gathering near the airport for a counter-attack, the helicarrier has decended below cloud cover for a launch for the first time and the Rangers, SAS AND Spetnaz are all calling for assistance on the operation.

The Knightwing "flails" into an intersection in the nick of time to light up an M-2 Bradley that had taken aim at a FOS IFV with it's chinguns.
    Infantry attempt to scatter from the doomed vehicle but are cut to pieces by the rapid-fire pulse-laser gattling guns.
    A pair of Mi-24YX gunships flank the Wraith at the intersection before all three veer off into the cityscape for cover to escape surface-to-air missile locks.

The Wraith cloaks and comes around for another pass on an open square where an M-113 sporting an anti-air package has set up camp but a single hellfire turns the AFV into a burning heap and mercilessly shreads anyone unfortunate enough to have been close by.
    In the confusion, one of the Hind escorts veers into a building and explodes. Both Wraith and Hind can be seen darting amongst the cityscape as the Afla receeds in the distance.
    The B-1, now in position, awaits the authorization code for ordinance deployment.

Vivian gets the final coordinates needed to open a gate to the other side of the world large enough for a submarine.

Rebecca orders Lisa to get as many out at the airport as she can but advises the pilots to start getting airborne.
    While in the middle of a transmission, Lisa's com is disabled by an errant tank shell and the Paladin gets worried.
    She commits the Wraith to a sweep over the area of her last transmission.
    Of the twenty remaining C-130 and Russian transports, only eight of them manage to get airborn before the blast.

Against all probability, but with the assistance of the Wraith's sensor array, Vivian get's the data she needs to maintain a stable gate for the submarine to sail through.
    It takes a few minutes but completes the manuver with time to spare before the B-1 delivered it's payload.

Rebecca managed to locate Lisa and leapt from the transport while it made a gentle pass over the area.
    She found the trucker, mortally wounded, at the head of a large military convoy that had seemingly met it's match.
    Sally had come under heavy SAM fire and was forced to back away from the L.Z.
    To Lisa's credit, no enemy remained standing at the intersection..
    The paladin heard Catherine's frantic pleas to get back on onboard but she deactivated her link before news of the incoming nuke could be heard and knelt back down beside the mortally-wounded Vortex.
    Knowledge's last words before leaping were:

"Mission's a success, everybody to fallback positions..."

Rebecca's were:

"Tell him I had fun."

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

The weapon detonated with far more force than a 667 kiloton warhead and the air-burst vaporized most of the city instantly.
    The mishap was officially blamed on Stormfront.
    It was further said that the entire team was killed in the blast when the Alfa's payload was detonated.
    Conspiracy theorists would point out for years to come that it didn't explain why the centre of the blast originated in the core of the city and not around the submarine as the official story would contend.
    It sparked one of the largest criminal investigations in the history of the Federated Americas.
    The hunt for anyone connected with the renegade nuclear power Stormfront.

The reality was Stormfront was finished in North America.
    Calaveri Concepts carried on through several high profile federal lawsuits but always emerged triumphant.
    Halpern Security Concepts suffered similar Federal scrutiny as well but usually emerged on the squeakier side of right as well.
    Although half who left on the operation would lose their lives...the loss of Lisa Devereaux and Rebecca Ayers ensured that the team would never be the same again.

He didn't want to admit it yet but as a result of his recent Stormfront involvement with the TRIADE over the theft of the Piotr Arumov, he was already in bed with Odd Kat...like it or not.
    It was a very dark time for The Jumper and what remained of the team...the loss of two of their strongest nearly destroyed the team and all they stood for.
    They'd lost all but a diehard core of support on the internet.
    Stormfront were declared public enemy number one 2043.
    When it all had ended, North let Kuraslova walk.
    He knows she'll never report what really happened as the truth is simply too unbelivable to tell.
    Nikola Kuraslova stays in active duty depite her failure.
    Her sole desire is to once more cross paths with the submarine stealing group of mercenaries who were framed with nuking Corpus Christie.

Gi-San stayed in North America at the Calaveri Skunkworks.
    Gina Cruzado is his assistant/protege.

Catherine decided to move to Australia after their deaths and spearheaded the Calaveri concepts initiative to open new offices in the land downunder and open Landmates up to a new market.
    It would prove to be one of Calaveri's best decisions to date since their decision to market armored exoskeletons.
    Catherine oversaw the development herself with her sister Kirstie at her side and Avery hasn't regretted the move ever since.

Everyone was granted asylum & citizenship through the TRIADE under one condition.
    The would agree to minor cosmetic surgery and renounce any claim to inhertance they had in life as a proviso of their "rebirth" in Oz society.
    There was ONE other stipulation to which only Knowledge was privy.
    To the TRIADE, they had spared eight lives (not including his own) and they expected payment.
    The TRIADE wanted nine lives of their choice to be given to them by him...as Smoke.
    For that, Stormfront would be given sanction and allowed to operate in Melbourne-One.

No one saw it coming but the one person who fell apart when the team broke up was Erica.
    Knowledge suggests that while no one in the old team can legally serve in the new team, they could all act as Hard Suit "instructors" for trainees.
    Cathy likes the idea.
    Erica thinks it sucks.

ASP on the otherhand...believes it has won.
    It would take a few years but they would be proven wrong once more.
    Shortly after arriving...Knowledge goes "walk-about".
    He travels all across Australia as a transient and looks for the perfect new team...

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

While travelling he crosses paths with a biker champion by the name of Alicia Riggs Kelly...relation to Ned Kelly after fashion. Whether she was actually related to Ned was suspect but she could do things with a gun the others had only seen in movies with special effects. She was by far then greatest trick shooter he had ever seen. She wasn't too sure about North until he became good friends with a old bushman/shaman. Alicia has warmed to Knowledge ever since.
    Second came biker amazon by the name of Elektra...originally scouted from Waycross Georgia. She had kidnapped North once when he was a Deputy down in Waycross. Prefers monowheel bikes. The biggest "show-off" of the team. Quickest to take insult. Strongest hand-to-hand technique out of all the team. Seven can only fight her to a draw when Elektra gets angry.
    Third, an ex-dancer and thief by the name of Little White Mouse from Montreal Quebec. Her choice to join was left to the fate of a coin toss: Heads, she joined Stormfront...Tails, she gets a pimp and becomes a street walker. Mouse hasn't regretted that coin toss since. Now instructs others on Jeet Kun Do techniques that are usuable with Hard Suits.
    The fourth was none other than Helen Seven herself, from NT-1 Poseidon. She was by far the competant of all the team...Seven didn't even NEED a team. She was a One-Woman-Army unto herself. The only Stormfront member to be qualified on EVERY Hard Suit system in the unit. Despite flawless boomer sences, reflexes and speed, she still can't break some of Becca's records.

Only Knowledge's J-Type was the same as before.
    Jimmy Martinez has a prototype Male-variant Hard Suit he is testing with Calaveri Concepts but it doesn't mount weapon systems yet.

The new group would be taught to be a team before being taught about the Hard Suits.
    Each team member would furthermore be sent on a "vision quest" to see the old bushman who alone could decide if they were worthy to be in New Melbourne Stormfront.

Alicia wanted the Green Suit(Tornado)
    Seven the White Suit(Ghale)
    Elektra the Blue Suit(Lightning)
    Mouse the Pink Suit(Cirus)

Knowledge the J-Type(Nimbus)
    Motoroid One(Hurricane)
    Motoroid Two(Typhoon)
    Motoroid Three(MSX or Tsunami)

The Knightwraith would remain in use and undergo the most upgrades of any single piece of equipment in Stormfront's arsenal.
    And this time, Seven would provide the team's "leadership". Her advanced A.I. was perfectly suitred to the task. During her "dayjob" Helen is a human resources manager of Calaveri Concepts - Melbourne.
    Catherine is always at her disposal with Kirstie acting as the go-between
    Seven sends Cammy in her place.
    Needless to say, Kirstie and Cammy see a LOT of each other.

The team isn't sure how Melbourne is going to take a vigillante powered armor group like Stormfront...especially after being framed in Corpus Christie.

During that time, once a year, every year...Knowledge undergoes a pilgrimage to Tibet to see if he is worthy of being admitted to the order.
    Every year he fails to win entrance.

Melbourne has recently started to switch to boomer workforces...so too have incidents of voomer madness been also on the rise.
    To combat the menace, MB-1 initiates its own AD Police Force comprised of three divisions.
    As luck would have it, Portney is asked to command one of them and he accepts promotion into the MB-1 ADP Force as a Captain, before accepting promotion to one of the ADP's elite ESWAT Units.
    During his five year-tenure as XO of 3rd Division MB-1 ADP, he remained the departments most decorated street officer.

It took Mee-Chan a decade as Smoke to work off his debt to the TRIADE.
    Each year, the TRIADE would send a single name for him to eliminate.
    Each time, Smoke would deliver without fail.
    His final job for Odd Kat was a great relief off his shoulders.
    Many times, the gangster had alluded that Stormfront's intervention would more than solve everyone's problems but North remained firm in his resolve and maintained the two organizations have no direct contact.
    Each time TRIADE called upon North to do a service...the legend of Smoke grew.
    At one point, a gangster had even tried to hire the New Melbourne Stormfront to protect it's Leige from Smoke.
    (That one was favor number seven!)
    In the end Odd Kat always kept his word...as did Tsugi Lin-Keui.
    TRIADE mets it's downfall at the hands of Genom/RNC chief shareholders in the now fledgeling Liandri Mining Corperation.
    DB Only returned extactly as North had fortold.
    When they finally came in force to take "Looking Glass" it was gone...parts scattered to the four winds with all documantation shredded and lost.

(Blask Asp was CHEESED!)

It wasn't until the spring of 2046 in Melbourne that ASP announced it's return to the world stage...and wouldn't ya know it...the Stormfront was waiting for them.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Gary was tired with moving behind the scenes.
    He wanted to tap into the market downunder but had yet to make any signifigant headway.
    The nations strict quarentine laws made assembling a military force by filtering them through the general population, as he'd envisioned, useless.
    Stevenson would need an alternative plan.
    MB-1's primary boom was in construction. Mainly in the creation of artificial islands and similar mega-structures in the Melbourne harbour.
    Interfist had a work program devised for former soldiers to find a way to integrate back into uselful society. It was called the Openhand Foundation and was a primary means of finding workers for the Melbourne construction contracts.
    Openhand devised and built their own island strictly for the quarentine of workers for the projects out in Melbourne Harbour sector.
    Their primary project was to christen a cargo inlet for construction and trade.
    ASP finally had it's artery for transporting troops into MB-1 right under the noses of the city at large.
    Gary calculated that by the time ADP and the military responded, ASP would have a quarter of a million soldiers living amongst the population of Melbourne. Anyone in the city encountered would run a 1 in 5 chance of meeting an ASP Viper operative!
    By the time the country figured out what had happened, they'd have to level the entire city to get ASP out and once more, Garys foothold on Oz would have begun.
    The plan hinged upon controlling the mag-lev systems the city depended upon for life.
    They would use those and the soon to be completed "quarentine island" tunnels to connect the entire megacity from beneath.

Gary's plan was ONE step away from total success...when something very "odd" happened.

The view becomes that of North America off the LA coast.
    In the middle of the ocean, a Manta subfighter bobs beside a yacht.
    Five Televipers are seen boarding the boat from the Manta.
    One takes out his diving blade.
    Another uses a silenced (SOCOM) pistol.
    A third instead uses a Co2 speargun.
    A fourth prefers to use a maglite as a club and the last Televiper has a silenced Malkov SMG.
    Two Televipers try to enter the boat by the front while the other three storm the rear.

A hand grabs a dufflebag and putting it over their shoulder, pulls from it, a Colt M1911 and a Beretta M9...both with silencers.

Greg: "!?!"
    GM: "Roll dude..."

The two Televipers in the front have finished entering the boat. One has his pistol ready and the second uses a maglite.

From the rear, the man with the SMG watches as the men with the speargun and knife move into the boat.
    The Assailant waits for the man with the knife to pass then grabs the arm holding the speargun, and with his weapon, pistol whips the elbow of the arm holding the weapon while it points at the thugs ally.
    Needlessly complicated but it succeeds.
    The speargun shaft goes clean through the thug in front and imbeds in the far wall.
    Before the shock of having shot his ally sets in, D.B. shoots the now unarmed speargun man in the kneecap, causing him to fall to the ground screaming.
    DB prevents him from falling and uses the screaming man as a shield.

When the Televiper with the Malkov comes into line of sight, he fails to distinguish friend from foe and blasts the "shield guard".
    DB Only still using the dying man as a shield returns fire and places three rounds in the shooters centre-mass.
    A fouth Televiper leaps at DB THROUGH the boat wall before grabbing him by the throat.
    DB uses his cyborg arm to advantage by immobilizing the attacking limb, lifting his attacker into the air by it before throwing him to the side of the boat.
    Only uses downward momentum upon his fallen target and brought his bionic hand down upon the skull of his enemy with all his might, shattering his crown in a single blow.
    The final Televiper vaults over his fallen colleague with knife in hand without giving the foe any quarter.
    DB catches the attackers knife in his bionic hand, immobilizes it, then proceeds to beat the living daylights out of the knife's weilder, with slow methodical strong aimed strikes to the face.
    Only had struck the man four times before he stopped resisting.
    Nine before he'd stopped breathing.
    DB took a look around and breathed a sigh of relief that no more attackers remained standing.

Only: "Frak...they've found me!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

DB had been on the run non-stop since his divorce from Tsugi Lin-Keui.
    He no longer enjoyed the status of the Lin-Keui family and had made many enemies in his time in Poseidon.
    Only hid out as best he could in Australia...even considered getting some legitimate work with the Openhand Foundtation doing construction in the harbour...
    Since his failure in Tokyo and his divorce from Tsugi, he had returned himself to the squallor he had so greatly feared and had become estranged with Gary Stevenson.
    DB could not prove it but he was certain Brax Milton had twice tried to have him killed. This couldn't have happened unless Gary Stevenson gave the order.
    DB Only had been "sanctioned" at ASP.
    It was a death mark.

DB knew Calaveri was operating out of town.
    He also knew if Catherine was anywhere to be found...it would be there...hidden away in one of their many top secret labs.
    Only decided upon the direct approach...he just called up and made an appointment to do lunch.
    DB arrived at Calaveri on his custom Outlander superbike.

Despite looking out of place, he was paid hardly any attention as the cityfolk went about their day.

Walking into the reception area, he was greeted by a lovely young lady at the desk by the name of Cammy.
    She confirmed their appointment and brought him to a quiet office where he could wait more comfortablely.

The door to the office opens...and in walks Kirtsie Calaveri.
    She does not recognize DB upon seeing him and acts as if he were any other stuffy client.
    Only does not recognize her by face but he begins to recall the name.
    Just as it seems DB has made then connection as to who Kirstie is, he feels a pistol upon the back of his neck.

Cathy: "Give me one reason why I shouldn't just blow your head off?"
    DB: "I could've killed her...I chose not to."
    Cathy: "Why should I believe you?"
    DB: "Why would I lie?"
    Cathy: "Why are you here?"
    DB: "Because ASP is trying to kill me now."
    Cathy: "Why should I care?"
    DB: "Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend...I could tell you such stuff about ASP...stuff you wouldn't even believe. Unique information."

From across the crowd, North can be seen coming into view.
    He sees DB Only talking to Catherine and still he smiles. This is when both DB and Catherine realize not only are they EACH looking at North (two North's) but behind each of them stand ANOTHER pair of North's (for a total of four!)
    DB is the first to clue in.
    ASP Clone Trooper Supersoldiers...these ones tailored to look just like Knowledge Danial North...MEO-series Televipers.

Before the first of the clones can react, DB has already shot one of them through the skull. The remaining three try to take aim but a second shot goes off and a second Televiper drops as Catherine plugs one between the eyes with her Compact Exploder.
    DB contines to fire at will and cuts down a second shooter in a hail of bullets.
    The last two MEO clones are confused as to what course of action to take.
    Mee-Chan goes akimbo and begins to light up the place, taking one of the clones out in the crossfire...but emptying his pistols in the process.
    DB drops the Colt and Beretta and instead pulls a M-37 Ithaca out of the dufflebag.
    The remaining clone charges firing it's silenced Takao T-20 at maximum capasity as he does.
    DB returns fire with a 12 gauge blast that stops the clone in its tracks.
    DB pumps and fires a second shell which clips his target in the leg as he tries to flee.
    Only "one-arm bandit's" the M-37 and put a second round into the back of the man he clipped, taking him off his feet and out of sight.
    DB pumps a second time and looks for anything thats moving.
    The room falls still.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

At the last moment, DB catches sight of a face in the marble and fires but only strikes a relfection in his haste.
    The Assassin rolls and using an automatic pistol begins to shoot up Only's cover.
    DB pumps the M-37 and unleashes a final blast which shreds the assassins cover to pieces.

Running dry, DB drops the shotgun and reaches back into the dufflebag, pulling out a silenced Mac-10 Ingram.
    The approaching assassin is almost to within sight of DB when he opens fire with his Mac-10.
    Unprepared, the MEO falls back to cover.
    DB pulls out a micro uzi with his other hand and disengages the safety.
    Crossing both hands, he advances under concentrated Mac-10/Micro-Uzi fire, cutting down anyone in his path.
    He only clips the remaining MEO clone in the display and runs out of ammo in the process.

Before DB can finish reaching into his dufflebag, a pistol is heard being cocked.
    The assassin stands out with a Perira at the ready with Only at his mercy.
    A series of silenced shots ring out and the gunman is cut down in a hail of gunfire.
    DB spins around with a .44 Combat Magnum and puts a slug into his targets chest, before he can return fire. As his MEO clone tries to crawl away he walks up upon it firing into it indescriminantly.
    Only then drops the pistol in the bushes and walks away, after taking a fresh clones sidearm.
    It's looks as though he has made clean his getaway when DB is ambush at a corner by Erica.

Maim: "You think you're so slick, don't ya?"

Beleiving Maim his inferior, he immobilizes the hand holding her buckle knife but forgets the one holding a Colt, when she places it aside his temple.
    Only surrenders.

DB: "Only one person EVER got the drop on me like that before...but that can't be because she's dea-"

Erica puts DB in an armlock and subjects him to a distressed position, immediately cutting off his sentiment.

Maim: "I DARE you to finish that sentence."

DB shakes his head while biting his bottom lip, trying not to display agony.

Maim: "Good boy."

She uses his own weight against him and spins DB into the awaiting arms of some security officers with child-like ease then escorts him back to Catherine.
    DB looks at the altered Miss Gunn in disbelief.

Maim: "WHAT!?!"
    DB: "You may not look like Maim...but you're her alright."

While one guard immobilizes DB's arms with his tonfa, the second hits DB with a TASER momentarily.

Guard Number Two: "Did I say you could speak?"

Kirstie watches DB's return from an upper catwalk.
    Cathy tells her to take a seat in her office and that she'll join her shortly.
    The younger Calaveri does so begrudgingly.

DB: "They were here for me."
    Cathy: "Why should I believe you?"
    DB: "Because if they had been here for you...you'd already be dead."
    Maim: "But why YOU?"

DB points to his head.

Maim: "So for nothing then?"

Erica cocks her Colt causing the two flanking guards closest to DB to stand away from him.

DB: "Just like that? One in the face? After ALL we've been through?"

Maim suckers Only and connects with a forearm bar to DB's temple that has him seeing stars.

DB: "O-okay...I can see where that might have been misconstrued as rude..."

Maim locks his wrist behind his head and while stepping on his ankle (as he kneels) puts her Colt to the back of DB's head.
    The two security guards, despite their size and rough demeanor look horrified that Erica might just shoot DB in front of them.
    Catherine hasn't fliched an inch.

Cathy: "Last chance to come clean tough guy."

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Only thought for the briefest of moments that Calaveri might actually have Gunn do it...right up until he saw the look on Catherine's face.

Cathy: "You really don't know...do you?"

Knowledge has been missing for about six monthes having gone "walk-about".
    After disappearing in MB-1, he finally resurfaced in Perth for a few weeks...but after that was anyones guess.
    He virtually disappeared without a trace.
    No one saw or heard from him again.

The new group had been undergoing training with "the old bushman" and would not be due back for almost year.
    All but Alicia...she didn't need the training but volunteered just to watch the "city gals" losing it in the great outback.

After heated debate, Catherine and Erica agreed that if anyone could find Knowledge, it would be DB.
    They gave him a Calaveri Concepts Coudcaster converted from an old Firebird and a charged up account card for 25K petro dollars to cover expenses,
    Erica then gave DB a Satphone and instructed him to call when he had any news.
    Before Only sped off, he advised that the girls look into "The Openhand Foundation" citing: "Any charity group that would hire me has got to be up to something rotten."

It wasn't long before DB's search lead him to the "Wong side of the tracks".
    DB couldn't tell exactly what was going on but TRIADE certainly knew more than they were letting on.
    Only was never permitted an audience with Odd Kat and instead met with Hime Yorobazu.
    Needless to say...DB felt slighted.

It deteriorated from there but DB was sure to be polite.
    Hime was always flanked by two pair of BU-55C Boomers at all times.
    DB could tell they were boomers based not on how they reacted, but the way they reacted.
    His inquiries were met with nothing but dead ends and stone walling.

Eager to defy her Uncle...Li-Li Kat was the one to see DB was kept on the right track.
    That path would take him to the remote snow-swept reaches of Tibet.
    Two monthes by Kamzang.
    Only would finally locate Knowledge in a remote Tibetan Pub halfway up the side of a lonely mountain.
    After trying for almost half a decade, North had finally been accepted into the Shaolin Monastery.

It hadn't been at all like he had envisioned.
    No where in any of the lessons he was learning could he see anything on the path of kung-fu.
    He spent most of his time as the chaperone of a young boy favored by the monks of the order.
    The boy's name was Lo Phat but North took to calling him "Duk" in his time at the temple.

DB's arrival in town was both unexpected and unwelcomed.

Only held out his arms as if to say: "Betcha didn't think you'd ever see ME here didja?"

Knowledge waited for his enemies attack.

DB: "So THIS is where you come to "hang out"...gotta say it...little disappointed."

Only noticed North was not at ease in his presence.

DB: "If I was going to have attacked you I'd have DONE it already."

The monks he had arrived with all stood up as if to come to North's rescue but he waved off their concern.

DB: "You even SPEAK this dogsh1t language? Wow...you HAVE been up here TOO long!"
    North: "What do you want?"
    DB: "Nuh-uh...I'm not taking credit for this one...this one has your girlfriend written all over it."

Knowledge eases his stance but his guard remains up.

DB: "And might I just take this opportunity to say...you're NOT an easy man to track down, y'know that? Almost four freakin' monthes!"

Knowledge is obviously becoming irritated by DB's monologuing.

DB: "I get it...ya lost a few of your own last time and it stings...boo-freakin'-hoo."

North makes a fist and knuckles can be heard popping. Patrons begin to vacate the area around he and DB.

DB: "It's-a-freakin'-war, North...what did you think was going to happen?"

Knowledge removes his cloak and prayer beads, giving them to one of the monks in his order.

DB: "Do you want to know how many I have lost? Don't I deserve to be saved?"

GM: "Ooohhh...that's good..."
    Greg: "Point?"
    GM: "Point."
    Phil: "FRAK!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Knowledge turns back towards DB and adopts a crouched fighting stance.

DB: "You're DETERMINED to do this aren't you?"

All the patrons in the bar take one final big step away from the fighters when this is spoken aloud.
    DB Only sighs.

Although standing six feet away, Knowledge lands a kick from much farther away than he should normally have been able to. The heel to DB's jaw rings his bell:

DB: "HEY, HOW'D YOU DO THA-"

For Only, the room is now spinning and he can only hear a high pitched ringing that drowns out all other sound.
    Knowledge lands a pair of strong double kicks. One to DB's sternum...the other to his nose.
    Together, they stagger Viper who is barely able to stay on his feet.

DB: "WOULD YOU QUI-"

Using the kneeling DB as though he were a wooden boxing dummy, North executes a lightning swift series of punches and forearm strikes to Only's neck and face.

Greg: "WHEN DID HE LEARN TO DO THAT?"

DB is unable to defend against the series of strikes which launch against him, pummeling him into a daze.

North: "I told ya to leave...but no, YOU hadda go and do it...the HARD way..."

DB shakes lose the cobwebs and stands to his feet.
    His hand goes to his knife out of reflex.
    Before the blade can be drawn, Knowledge has already immobilized the limb and sits poised to break two of DB's fingers.
    He removes Only's pistol from it's holster.

DB: "OOWWWW!!! SOOO ANGRY!!! STOP IT!!!"
    North: "Promise you'll behave?"

DB nods his head repeatedly, grimacing in agony when a small "snap" is heard from one of Only's knuckles. He gasps and then drops.

North: "Play nice and I'll pop that back in the socket for ya later."

Knowledge then pushes the kneeling Only away from him with the muzzle of his pistol.

DB: "WHAT THE FRAK WAS THAT FOR!?!"

Knowledge pushes the pistol in DB's face, causing Only to back down.

North: "I can change my mind anytime I want."
    DB tries not to laugh out loud: "I forgot how crazy you can get sometimes...KNEW there was a reason I always liked you."

North cocks the hammer and puts it to DB's temple. DB stops laughing.

DB: "You think this will fix it? Well, go on then, pull the trigger...do me a favor why don't you? You have the gun now...not me."

North nearly shot him in the face right there. Instead he eased down the hammer and re-engaged the safety.

North: "If I didn't need you alive..."
    DB: "Ya GOTTA tell me something...you-weren't-gone-that-long...how did you learn ALL that "fists of fury" crap?"

North hands him his revolver back to his messed up hand, resulting in pain and discomfort.
    Knowledge left DB's knuckle dislocated for the better part of three hours.
    DB nearly collapsed with relief once it was popped back into place.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

At first, Knowledge was of no mind to trust Only at all, but after the young monk showed interest in DB, North considered giving Only one final chance.
    DB was accepted into the order immediately.
    This cheesed North off something fierce.
    Over the next few monthes at the monastery, both North & DB would be made to slave during the day and take instruction from the young boy North watched over. Anything the boy saw, he could duplicate effortlessly.
    In his time at the temple...he had mastered every dicipline taught there...Duk became a living repository of the temples knowledge.
    Knowledge trained in Shaolin while the moon was up while DB trained in Bak-Mei Kung-Fu.
    The pair fought themsleves to a stand still in practices...as if different sides of the same coin.
    This continued for six more monthes.

DB began to put some of his demons to rest.
    Likewise was Knowledge able to put aside some of his.
    It was the first true peace either had known since arriving on Autodeul.
    Naturally...it was never meant to last.

By this time, both DB and North could pass for locals when not dressed in monk's garb.
    They would sneak out to the local pub two or three times a month.
    Things started really looking up when Li-Li Kat returned to the monastery as an instructor.

The temple was 2/3rd's up the height of Lonely Mountain...built into the rock face of the mountain itself. Rumored to have been first carved in another time. For all it's history...one rule has always been the same. To gain entrance, one must first prove their worthiness by scaling the sheer face of the moutain to temples front entrance. Any who knock MUST be given shelter.
    For the record...North had scaled the entrants face four times and he failed on three of those attempts.
    When finally admitted, he was only allowed to stay as a servant for the Abbot and was later revealed, only because he had saved the young monk Lo Phat Duk.

This lead to the first curiosity.
    DB couldn't figure out for the life of him why North was being refered to by the monks as "Mee-Chan".
    He would try to correct them but the language barrier just proved too steep.

Life in the remote Himalayas was appealing to DB.
    The solitude freed him from worldly concern.
    The endless winter a motivation to cold bones, he rarely found cause to think about life outside the temple...no matter how mudane it became while within.
    Duk continued to instruct the pair better than any Master in the order ever could.
    He showed no favoritism but North still outshined Only's achievements.
    When they competed...North was just a little bit faster.
    When they practiced...North was just a little bit better.
    When they struck...(despite DB's size advantage)...North hit a little bit harder.
    It really seemed like DB couldn't win...but for the first time in his life, it didn't gnaw away at Only.
    DB was actually happy that Brother Mee-Chan excelled in what he was taught.

This is when ASP located the monastery.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Duk had been having bad dreams and that evening in particular, he was proving to be difficult.
    Lo claimed he was having nightmares that night...something he NEVER has...and refused to be ignored.
    As fate would have it...DB was watching over him that evening while North was to meet with the Grandmaster of the Order on a matter of some importance.
    North had no way of knowing that he was going to be asked to take Duk safely away from the temple.

Knowledge didn't have much.
    One pocession he prized above all else was a pet Bijon Boomer Dog.
    He acted like it was a real dog and no one at the monastery suspected otherwise.
    This tiny boomer pet was his lifeline to Stormfront.
    As could be expected...Lo Phat fell in love with "Binary" immediately. In turn...Binary could always act as a tracer for Duk. The two were inseperable.

The temple itself housed a contingent of a dozen "Legends", two dozen "Heros" and two score "Warriors-in-training" separated into the Lower and Upper Keep.
    The towers housed the homes of the twelve Masters and the one Grandmaster.
    Perhaps four times that number occupied the keep as permanant residents.

ASP struck the temple with a combined force of 240 MEO-series Clone Commandos and 120 Vipers & 60 Televipers...against 110 Shaolin Warriors.
    The Shaolin would buy time for the remaining 500 to escape into the tunnels of Lonely Mountain.
    The attack, as fate would have it...was discovered not by a seasoned Shaolin Warrior...but a tiny little dog.

Lo Phat (a seemingly 11 year old boy) steps into the pagoda catacombs of the monastery looking for Binary.
    He hears him bark in the distance and runs after the source of the sound.
    Duk hesitates as he persues the tiny dog deeper into the maze when he believes he has become lost.
    Binary yaps in the distance and Lo is up and chasing after the source in a flash...now lost amongst a maze of Buddha like statues.
    To his relief, he sees and retrieves the Bijon when he hears another noise...decidedly not "dog-like" in origin.

A floor grate starts to lift in the floor around the bend and ASP Televipers begin to storm into the corridor in battle formation.
    The one closest to Duk spins and clears the corner closest to him with laser carbine leveled but where he should find "small asian child with tiny dog" there is instead nothing.
    The Televiper rejoins his squad and the team instead moves out in the opposite direction.
    Leaping down from the cieling comes Duk with Binary, apparently doing the splits across the top of the hallway while shielding the dog from sight.
    Duk realizes, the grates behind him aren't the only ones that have been compromised...Lo is now surrounded by ASP's.

A Televiper is certain he heard something.
    He levels his HK MP-10 and commits, rounding the corner only to find...a Bijon.
    The soldier lifts up his nightvisor and double takes the little white dog in the massive dusty catacomb.
    The Televiper goes to aim to shoot Binary when Duk leaps downwards onto his SMG, knocking it out of his grasp, firing wildly as it goes, spooking the boomer-pet.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Duk executes a flawless four-kick combo which staggers his opponent regardless of size.
    One kick to the crotch.
    One kick to the solar plexus.
    One kick to the throat.
    One kick to the jaw.
    All in under two seconds...

The televipers nightviewers are damaged and fly from his head.
    His reciever is damaged.
    He (or she) is missing three teeth.

Duk then proceeds to land four consecutive spinning kicks to the Televiper's head which shatter both visor and helmet to pieces before he can hit the floor.
    The ASP has no idea what even hit him and is on the ground reeling before he can react.

Duk smiles as if he is proud of himself when Binary growls.
    The boy turns as another Televiper, behind him, has drawn his sidearm and takes aim at Duk.

The Televiper pauses as if it "thought" it heard something...
    DB charges out from behind a Buddha statue at a corner and slams the Televiper facefirst into a statues stomach, taking his pistol from him as he spasms on impact.
    Only spins as a second and third Televiper emerge from around nearby corners but he flawlessly predicts the attack and guns down both with flawless headshots before they can return fire.
    A fourth leaps out and armlocks DB's weapon arm.
    DB struggles for a moment before dropping the pistol into his offhand and blasting his assailant in the gut and push kicking him into the closest thug with a weapon.

DB pulls out his own revolver and goes akimbo as he moves with Duk & Dog away from the source of the breech.

The pair round a corner when Lo points out a fire alarm to DB.
    The mercenary nods and pulls the alarm, alerting the complexe to danger.

DB: "I thought I said to stay in the room!? Y'know what...nevermind that!"

Only and Duk flee through the stone pagodas as ASP Televiper teams track them from the sides, unable to get a clean shot.

Sproadically the ASP get anxious and an AKU-74 or TMP goes off but the Dark Jumper and Duk are still able to stay ahead of the wall of weapon fire which persues them.
    Only runs out of bullets as he runs and chooses to run one across one more hallway with the boy regardless and right when two gunmen should have emerged and caught them unawares, they were instead taken out by something which remained "out of sight".
    DB reloads his Diamondback.
    He notices he's running out of bullets...27 more shots to bingo ammo.
    Only has halfway finished reloading when a MEO Commando points a carbine in DB's face.

MEO-series: "You?"

The Clone Trooper has it's face blown off from behind by Knowledge.
    The Jumper spins and fires a .660NE which tears through two enemies simultaneously.
    DB picks up a guards carbine and simply "follows the carnage".

In the hall move three figures.
    Only unloads his carbine into all three except the third doesn't fall, he instead closes ground.
    DB proceeds to turn the mans cover into swiss cheese.
    Still, the attacker is undaunted.
    Only knows something is wrong.
    His opponent moves too perfectly...predicting his every attack.
    DB orders North to take Duk to safety.

ASP has sent it's latest big hitter...the perfected Supersoldier Serum candidate by the name of Masha Y'Op.
    DB knows North won't stand a chance.
    Only is gambling his bionic reinforcements can hold out long enough for him to lure Masha into a trap.
    Leaving DB behind after finally burying the hatchet between the two Jumpers was one of the hardest things North has ever done...but for Duk's sake, he did it.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

MEO-series clones had one primary flaw.
    The overwhelming compulsion to kill it's "alpha donor"...it superceded all else.
    The MEO-series felt a genetic complusion to kill Mee-Chan.
    Gary had no way of knowing North was there.
    The choice of infantry was accidental.
    Now instead of fulfilling objectives as they SHOULD have, the MEO clones instead abandoned orders to attack and eliminate Mee-Chan Prime.
    This blunder alone would be acredited with saving the temples inhabitants.

DB moved across the hall and fired into his enemy's cover. Only hadn't quite reached cover yet when undaunted by small arms fire, Masha emerged from cover with a little akimbo action of his own.
    Only barely reached the safety of cover in time as twin silenced T-20's dogged the Dark Jumpers every step.
    Impossibly, while in the run, underfire and returning said fire, DB STILL manages to hear a Televiper skulking behind him and eliminates the Trooper, drops his own empty weapon and grabbing the fallen Viper's carbine before it can fall only to continue shooting at Masha.
    Y'op vaults from behind his dwindling cover, across the hall and unleashes more twin Takao firepower at Only.
    Miraculously, neither is struck in the exchange.

Masha: "Who be dat!?"
    DB: "You always were a piece of-"

Both men whirl from cover and tear into each other akimbo style until running out of ammo.
    Both simultaneously return to cover.
    Whereas Masha goes to reload both his pistols, DB reaches into his dufflebag and pulls out an H&K MP5K.
    By the time Masha tries to emerge from cover, DB tears the counter he uses for cover to pieces. DB then follows up by tossing a grenade at Masha's previous location. Y'op makes it to cover in the proverbial nick of time and avoids being shredded in the explosion. Masha is stunned by the blast.
    DB takes advantage of the moment and tries to lead Masha deeper into the maze.

Masha: "I thought you were North for a moment!"

DB catches his breath from behind cover...

DB: "Imagine that!?"

Masha: "I'm glad it's you...TRAITOR!!! I nevah trus' ya y'know?"
    DB: "I never liked you either @$$hole."

Masha believes he has located DB and rounds the corner firing at shadows instead of his target.
    Y'op is almost taken out by a series of traps meant for monks to face while completing their trials in the 35 chambres under the dojo.
    Vaulting from the top of the trap, was Only.
    DB hit Y'op in the vest with his first three shots...they didn't slow the supersoldier down in the slightest. He swatted the pistol aside and out of Only's grasp.
    With his other hand, he prevented DB's Diamondback from ending the fight prematurely.
    Masha crossed DB's hands in front of himself and then single-handedly, pulled Only in for a head butt.
    Y'op then threw Only three yards into a wall.

DB retains his Diamondback and goes to aim at Masha but sees he has disappeared from view.
    As Only backs up, he steps over a Televiper he killed earlier and notices the soldier still has his explosives on him.
    Masha reloads his remaining T-20 and continues searching for DB.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Masha: "Come out now...I'll make it quick, rudesta."

From behind him, about 10 yards back, three shots ring out. Two miss but the third strikes Masha in the back(vest) again.
    The supersoldier backflips towards his quarry and shoots as he does but finds he is unable to approach concentrated carbine fire any closer without being shot.
    DB activates the detonator paddle and a massive section of hallway simply drops out of sight, falling hundreds of yards into the cold dark night of Lonely Mountain.
    Only kisses his remaining sidearm and wheels from behind cover, charging at Masha while he's off balance.
    Running makes DB sloppy and he misses Y'op six times as he charges.
    They collide and DB's momentum takes the pair rolling towards where the floor "disappeared".
    The two stop in the nick of time at the end of the drop off.
    Masha pins DB to the ground by his throat and has armlocked the hand holding the Diamondback.
    Both weapons discharge harmlessly.
    The section of floor they roll upon gives way and starts to fall.
    It only drops 3 yards before stopping but is enough for DB to kick Masha off of him in the free fall.
    Y'op rolls over him and off the edge.
    Without looking and with no time to spare, DB is able to sit up and jump up to safety before the floor section he lay upon gave way to fall down the mountain.
    DB couldn't tell how far a fall it was in the dark but he was certain that no one could not have survived a fall like that.

(How he survived falling off the Lonely Mountain is one of the cornerstones of Masha's myth and a story for another time!)

In a combat of 400 ASP commandos against 110 Warrior Monks, the Shaolin held them off long enough to allow the rest to escape.
    Only a dozen Monks survived the battle that day.
    ASP was also down to two squads of MEO clones when the attack on the temple ended.
    Although deemed a success (the temple was destroyed and the monks scattered) it was accomplished at the cost of the entire strike team.
    Only 100 MEO-series clones remained in existance after the raid.

Knowledge had escaped the stone pagoda maze thanks to DB and was fortunate enough to seal off the Lower Temple when he escaped with Duk.
    Their retreat brought them through ancient catacombs that had not been disturbed by any but scholars for an age.
    The MEO clones had been relentless in their persuit and many had become bogged down or lost in the chase.
    One particular clone stood apart from the rest.
    He was even more relentless.
    He was even more aggressive.
    He was even more spiteful.
    Black Asp called him Yoo-Chan.
    He lead the attack upon the monastery...he would take the blame when it failed to wipe out all the monks.
    Yoo-Chan as fate would have it, was on the spearhead of the persuit to capture Mee-Chan Prime.
    He had taken with him, a squad of eight other MEO-series and four Televipers.
    Anyone who couldn't keep up...Yoo-Chan shot. One Televiper didn't make it.
    Anyone who questioned his authority...Yoo-Chan dealt with.
    Nothing would jeopardize the mission.

Then along came Mee-Chan Prime and messed THAT all up.

Monks were escaping.
    He no longer had the numbers to pursue his quarry out into the night.
    He no longer had suprise on his side.
    But he had Mee-Chan...and THAT was enough!

In every firefight.
    Every exchange.
    Every step of the way...Yoo-Chan has been been RIGHT there...a step behind Mee-Chan...like his shadow.

The ASP had destroyed everything North had come to believe in.
    They had killed Lisa and Rebecca...they had killed Brewster...now it was going to kill him.
    Knowledge decided to stop running.

North knew his enemy would throw the "expendables" at him first...in this case...he saw a trio of Televipers.

North: "A trio...for me? That's insulting..."

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

It wasn't until the eight MEO troopers came onto the field that Mee-Chan stood to attention.
    Even more so when their leader made an appearance.
    In retrospect...I guess it's fair to say he panicked.

Knowledge opens fire and misses wide with his first two shot.
    He's so far off the marks that even the targets scarcely know they have been shot at.
    One looks to the other and shrugs as the third shot takes the "shruggers" head off their shoulders.

Two other thugs take advantage of the confusion and reposition themselves to enemy fire.
    Before they can identify targets, enemy fire zeros in on their position and forces their heads down.
    Knowledges suppression fire continues.

Mee-Chan waits for one MEO to reposition himself before immobilizing him by his rifle and swinging him off the security tower by his weapon sling.
    Drawning the clones pistol as he falls, he shoots the falling clone with his own silenced weapon three times before he hits the ground.
    A man in a machinegun nest under the tower looks up too late as the shot up guard fell.
    North simply aims at him with a tactical light mounted on a pistol and puts three rounds through his torso...eliminating the threat.
    Without skipping a beat, North tosses a grenade at the closest emplacement.
    It tears the position to pieces when it blows.
    The Televipers like to work as a team...one grenade should take out all three.
    The three grey camo clad Vipers are all taken out by a single explosion.
    The eight MEO-series clones all go back to back and open fire upon anything that moves till they run out of ammo and are forced to transition over to sidearms.

No sooner have the eight begun to draw their pistols when a single silenced shot removes one of the commandos heads.
    By the time the seven remaining have noticed they've lost one, a second shot blows another gunman's head off.
    Yoo-Chan freezes and observes his last six troopers...another silenced shot takes that count down to five.
    They begin to fire at random when a fourth silenced shot rings out and another thugs head explodes in a pink mist...leaving four left.
    They fire all around themselves and kill anything that moves, friend or foe.

Yoo-Chan steps out...almost a victem of friendly fire...and shoots that particular MEO-series clone in the head for almost accidently killing him.

Of all the remaining MEO clones...three are left and one of them hasn't fired a single shot.

Two pause to reload.
    The final MEO clone turns upon the other two and guns them down mercilessly...having actually been Mee-Chan Prime in disguise.
    Mee-Chan turns to aim at Yoo-Chan as Yoo-Chan turns to aim at Mee-Chan.

Yoo-Chan: "You're not that fast."

Knowledge shoots Yoo-Chan where he stands but the bullet doesn't pierce his vest.

North: "Which one are you?"
    Yoo-Chan: "Zero-zero-one."
    North: "Well, I'm zero-zero-zero...and this is what happens when you mess with my dog, puto!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

North headbutts Yoo-Chan, cutting his head open and stunning him.
    Knowledge then pistol whips Yoo-Chan off the bridge of his nose, splitting it open.
    As he reels in agony, North crosses his grip over Yoo-Chan's throat and throws him to the ground and starts to pistol whip the supersoldier in the face.
    Yoo-Chan takes four blows to the head before he lands a counter of his own but the single punch sends North flying back two yards before crashing to the ground.
    Knowledge's sudden lack of mobility makes it fairly certain Yoo-Chan's attack just broke something important.

Yoo-Chan has already risen to the task as Prime can barely find the strength to stand.
    Once more remembering his time on the wooden pratice dummy, North suprises Yoo-Chan with a flurry of strikes to his crotch and abdomen.
    Mee-Chan then uses his wood splitting technique to crack the skull of his opponent as Yoo-Chan doubles over in agony from the crotch punches.
    Although defeated...Yoo-Chan still clings to life in spite of the fearsome skull wound he recieved.

Through a narrow pass to the bottom of the mountain lay a seldom used trail. It enabled Knowledge & Li-Li Kat and Duk to reach his hidden garage.
    North kept a snowcat there...just for such emergencies...along with enough food and feul to reach the border.
    What to do about Duk?
    That was something else.
    Together, they would reach the indian coastline in a little under a month.
    He would arrive in Melbourne shortly before ASP would put it's plan into motion.

ASP's plan?
    They would use the quarentine island as a springboard to launch their offensive on the megacity.
    A quarter of a million ASP Troopers would await their chance to attack in the harbour as the city slept.

With Mouses help, Knowledge had an fake I.D. made for him so he could infiltrate the quarentine island.
    From there, he would use the facility as a base from which to explore the ASP site.
    His efforts had been paying off and he'd nearly collected all the information Stormfront would need to stage an assault on the base when whom should he cross paths with but Annette Murphy, in the flesh.
    As the two walked past each other, they each paused and slowly did a double take of the other.
    Mee-Chan didn't recognize Miss Murphy from the start but Annettes face began to light up with crazed ideas as it donned upon her who she had walked passed.
    The two stopped in the crowded corridor and faced each other.

North: "You?"
    Murphy: "YOU!!!"

Annette's hands immediately went to the pair of MAC-10's at her hip:

Murphy: "IMPOSSIBLE!!!"

Knowledge could only manage a sheepish grin:

North: "Aheh...what were the chances of that?"

The bad part was they were in a contruction zone.
    The good part was they were in a construction zone.

Before the SMG's could clear their holsters, North had leap from the level and grabbed a rope being used to hoist bags of dry cement up to be used.
    His added weight sped up his decent.
    Reaching the ground and seeing Annette almost within firing range, he ran across the work area "a-la-parkour" using obstacle and confused workers for cover.
    Murphy cut loose with the Mac-10's and shredded everything in Norths wake...friendly workers or expensive equipment...she didn't care and blasted all in her bid to cut The Jumper down.
    ASP security quickly arrived on the scene and made attempts to qwell the disorder that had arisen.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Discovery had always been a part of the plan but North hadn't considered being caught too early.
    He'd have to improvise" if he were to pull this off.
    Nimbus activated his emegency beacon as he tried to gain some altitude.
    Leaping up to a row of containers (atop of pipes he'd loosen while running over so they give way to trip up pursuers) North "tic-tacs" off a fork lift as it drives by only to grab onto a hand rail on the second level. Leaping it nimbly, he avoids a worker swinging a sledgehammer and allows the thugs momentum to carry him off the catwalk as he completes the attack.
    A pair of workers scramble after the Jumper but he uses the wall to vault off of and in the process, sends the two pursuers into each other, face first at high speed.
    North runs along the catwalk until he spots a palate of material being hoisted up high.

The Jumper manages to stop before a worker uses a pick to swing at North. He misses and Knowledge follows through with a kick to the head that sends the worker through the hand rail and falling to the ground four yards below.
    North takes a piece of the hand rail thats loose and uses it like a make-shift staff when a second worker comes up from behind with a claw hammer.
    Nimbus dazes the attacker by striking him in the jaw with the hand rail then crushes his foot, putting him off balance, then uses the hand rail to push the hopping thug over the edge beside him.
    In a last ditch effort to save himself, the thug clings to the hand rail for dear life.
    North simply releases the hand rail and lets him fall.
    Just as small arms fire begins to tear apart the catwalk underneath him, he leaps off the walkway to the palate.
    Security move directly beneath the rising palate and attempt to shoot through its base.
    Having gained a level in altitude, North abandons the palate but retracts his pocket knife as he goes and slashes the ropes as he jumps to the third level walkway.
    The palates base is shot completely full of holes when the ropes give way and material being transported falls upon the guards stupid enough to stand directly underneath it.
    No sooner had North cleared the hand rail when another security guard lunges at him.
    Knowledge stuns the man with his own TASER before tossing him off the level onto another rising palate of material that had a pair of thugs hiding on it. The sudden impact of the falling body knocks both clinging goons off the crane, bouncing off the floor below in a most painful fashion.

Another pair of guards emerges onto the third level walkway.
    They do so in time to watch North throw another guard off the walkway by his legs before fleeing sporadic small arms fire.
    North realizes if he doesn't do something fast, he may become trapped.

Another Openhand worker tries to land a flying kneestrike on North but he sidesteps the attack causing the worker to shatter his kneecap on the cement.
    Knowledge then grabs a nearby rope and ties a ridiculously fast knot on the ankle of the injured leg.
    North then grabs onto the other end of the rope and TASER's him off the edge of the walkway.
    It enables him to reach an otherwise inaccesible section of walkway...free of guards. After releasing the rope...the dangler plummets to the bottom of the room.
    In his desperation, North free jumps four yards through ropes and manages to clear the tangled expanse before rolling to his feet and climbing to level five.

North is now 20 yards up.
    Any fall which isn't immediately fatal will be serious to the point of "you'd wished you died in the fall".
    Now the guards are getting angry.
    They are using fully automatic weapons and are now just "spraying and praying".
    The collateral damage is signifigant.
    North is one more level from the top of the work area where the exit is located.

Knowledge had traded the TASER in for a Caseless Medium Pistol.
    Two levels below him and across the room are the security personal who decided to chase North up the old fashioned way.
    They fire carbines at North sporadically as they give chase.
    North looks up and sees a large cement machine being lifted from the work area.
    Knowledge fires at the ropes and fulcrums being used to lift it.
    They give way in such a fashion that as they swing downward, they perfectly prevent further pursuit from the stairs.
    Sprinting to the top of the stairs, North is able to use the crowd to get the drop on security at the exit and escapes in the confusion.

In his command bunker Gary just twitched a little in his right eye.

Gary: "What do you mean my "once thought to be dead" most mortal of enemies is not only STILL alive but currently ON-SITE at my latest plan to take over Melbourne..killing my lackeys? And what's your name again?"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Stevenson gave Murphy carte-blanche in capturing or killing North but reiterated that he must not be allowed to escape the site under any circumstances.
    Naturally, the first thing Mee-Chan tried to do was try and get off Gateway Island as fast as he could.
    His plan was simple.
    Use Gateway's soft launch cargo system to shoot him into the heart of the city, just as Gary was hoping to do with his army.
    Simple enough...yet having the virtue of being a lot tougher than it sounded.

Meanwhile, around MB-1...people were just starting their day as Stormfront sent out the call...

The view becomes that of a trashed apartment after one he77 of a party on the day after.
    Elektra rises from a group of semi-naked bodies near the couch and tip toes her way over people as she looks for her link.
    Even though the link is not very loud, it causes Elektra extreme discomfort.
    She pulls it out and is about to break it when she double-takes the call display and sighs.
    Putting the link in her ear she clears her throat before engaging the comm unit.

Elektra: "What?"

The Amazon winces from the loud voice talking at the other end of the link.

Elektra: "Now?"

The Amazon then removes the link as yelling starts to take place.

Elektra: "Whatever...on my way."

The biker pauses at the display in her apartment.
    She fumbles her way to the closet by the front door and pulls out a SPAS 12.
    After three warning shots, no one remains in her apartment.
    Elektra snorts:

"My last party it took eleven shotgun blasts to get everybody out...I must be slippin'"

In an MB-1 mega-park jogs a svelt little thing in matching track suit.
    Seven jogs on the spot waiting for a light when a limosine pulls up in front of her and a guard steps out who opens the door for Helen.

Seven: "Here? Really?"

The 33S shrugs and gets into the car without delay.
    Vivian sits beside her as the vehicle makes it's way through traffic.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

Mouses trailer can be seen on the outskirts of a contruction area.
    Her residence doesn't even have the appearance that it's in a safe district.

Neon lights and monitors flash upon all the walls of the trailer.
    Mouse sits with her headsets on and a big bowl of cereal between her feet.
    The Slicer doesn't look as if she is waking up...she looks as if she is going to bed.
    When her Stormfront Link activates it commandeers every monitor surface it can to alert Mouse of her call.
    At first she fails to take notice but almost drops her cereal when she finally does.

Alicia can be seen just eating her breakfast in front of a relaxing campfire.
    Instead of being in the outback, she's in a public park and is blatantly breaking the law.
    She recieves the call and simply hops on her motorcycle, speeding away to Storm Island after tossing her coffee on the dying embers of her fire.

Catherine and Erica see the message go off but stay in their respective seats.
    Their days of suiting up now long past them.
    Catherine Calaveri serves the team only in an auxilliary fashion...as advisor and mechanic only. Her days keep her busy running Calaveri Concepts - Melbourne and keeping her sister Kirstie out of trouble.
    Erica Gunn served as suit & combat instructor for the New Melbourne Stormfront when she wasn't tackling duties as Calaveri Concepts chief of security.
    Jimmy Martinez, at the time, served as a motoslave instructor for the team when not volunteering to help disenfranchized youths in the lower sectors of MB-1.
    Vivian also chose a more direct role in team affairs, taking over the role of Gi-San...although this may have had to do less with the team and more because of Helen's direct involvement.

Seven had become the new team's "Leader". Her advanced genetics made her ideal for the role and once her "sensor-mesh" was incorperated into her Hard Suit, it unlocked possiblities the team had never considered. Aside from a few "cosmetic differences", the new suit functioned similar to the older models and featured nearly identical defensive adaptations and offensive applications.
    Elektra was the teams "Tank". Her combat moves were a touch flashy for Maim's liking except that the student could consistantly fight the teacher to a "draw". Also unlike Tempest, Lightning relied more heavily on Vivian's upgraded weapons packages. Maim would often remark:

"When we were out there...I never used all that flashy stuff to get the job done, we just did what we had to do."

Alicia was the teams "Specialist". No one could lay a hand on her up close and her ranged accuracy was even beyond that of Seven. Even while executing complicated acrobatic evasive manuvers, Alicia could still reliably return fire and neutralize whatever she fired at. She also seemed to have the "darkest side" out of all the new team, but this didn't keep Elektra from constantly competing for top dog.
    Mouse was the groups "Slicer & Defensive Specialist". She could hack boomers at a glance and used what she found there to destroy them. In addition, her new suit boasted multi-spectrum deflector array. Unlike Catherine...Mouse was master in Jeet Kun Do and knew how to take care of herself from a tender age. She's often said that it was only her work with Stormfront that kept her from a life of crime.

Catherine HATES every single new team member except Seven.
    Erica LIKES every single new team member except Elektra.
    None of them have seen Knowledge since he chose the new team in the first place.
    Stranger still...the old bushman liked every single one.
    The same can not be said for the old Stormfront.
    The old bushman never "liked" Erica. Seems he always delights in making Miss Gunn his personal b1tch whenever he can.

They arrived at Storm Island and found Vivian & Seven waiting for everyone to show.

Seven looked at her three team mates: "There's been a change of plans..."

Knowledge can be seen skulking through an area under extensive contruction.
    It's highrise in nature.
    Walls are missing.
    Floor sections haven't been completed.
    All is dark...all is quiet.
    The silence is then broken by the chatter if automatic fire, the flash of the muzzle and tracer rounds arcing into the night.
    A pair of Televipers sweep into an uncompleted room.
    They see a third Televiper lying in a pool of his own blood.
    North slides into the room on his knees with two TMP's.
    He riddles both Televipers but the uncompleted floor is such that he falls out of view before enemy fire crosses his vector.
    Rolling to his feet on the floor below, he crosses both weapons in front of him and shreds a doorway he moves towards, killing a Televiper who waited in ambush.
    Knowledge then plucks a grenade from the fallen soldiers vest and chucks it at the incoming Vipers.
    The ASP advance stalls.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

North stumbles upon a locker room and finding it empty, takes the opportunity to change into a pair of workers coveralls and visored helmet. Knowledge lucks out and eludes a troublesome foreman who doesn't recognize him. After stashing his old clothes in a locker, he leaves the area and manages to reach the upper mezzanine. He finishes in the nick of time as the security team sweeps through looking for someone dressed as he used to be. They instead find and shoot a site foreman who has discovered Mee-Chan's old clothes at the worst possible moment.
    The sound of gunfire prompts North to hasten his departure.

By the time he reaches the egress terminal, it's been mostly evacuated. The nature of the multi-tiered vertical open architecture of the room turns it into a "killing field" from every possible angle. Anything moving through the plaza will be immediately seen by the security forces but this wasn't the most distressing detail about the area. In the centre of the atrium stood the guardians.
    A set of four BU-12G combat boomers...each packing enough after-market firepower to take out several tanks. He had with BU-12B's in his time with the original Stormfront and knew these purely military models were lethal, each capable of being ten times more destructive output than the standard BU-55C's.

North: "Uhhh, guys? We MAY have a problem here."

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

From the other side of the harbour could be seen dark coulds rolling in quickly over the horizon. Lightning could be seen dancing at the whim of the Stormbringer VAARP array but the distant crash was not one of thunder but of advanced hypervelocity jetfans breaking the sound barrier through the humid Australian air. The people of Melbourne had never been witness to the Stormbringer in action.

From Storm Island, meteorological phenomena could be created and directed from the main control tower...a storm would help to hide their arrival...a storm would help to mask their escape. Now, if North could only keep Sally from doing multi-mach approaches to Melbourne while flying a hundred feet above the deck, creating a tremedous roostertail in the Knightwraith's wake. It could arrive anywhere in the city within minutes.

Alicia: "We got your signal...should be there in T-minus 125...you should be hearing us any time now."

Even though he had expressly forbidden high speed approahes to the city, the sound of distant "thunder" was a comfort.

North: "We have some party crashers at my location...BU-12's but not like any I've ever seen before."
    Alicia: "Gotcha."
    North: "Gotcha? No I don't think you do...there's about 25000 ASP commandos standing under my feet and another 200K back on the Gateway Island...so, do you mind adding a bit more detail to "gotcha"?"
    Alicia: "We got that covered so relax mate, we're on our way."

(If Knowledge could have spontaneously had kittens right then, he would have.)

What North didn't know (and couldn't have known) was that Vivian had improved the Wraith's specialty payloads...right after the "fridge problem" was dealt with. For this sortie, Doctor Hoo had chosen to test some pocket anti-matter warheads she had "gleaned" from the Heirloom Project. What Kelly had been referring to was that the Knightwraith was going to make a high-velocity pass on Gateway using the warheads to collapse the facility in upon itself and limiting damage to the bayside before bankng to do, as Vivian so quaintly put it: pull his @$$ out of the fire yet again."

A team of security swept in upon North's position. There were six personal in the squad and they believed they finally had North surrounded. North tried to "Lizard Climb" the wall but discovered his ballistic vest made it too ackward to climb. With no time to waste, North discarded the vest and just as two Vipers swept in for the kill, they instead found only a vest. Using gravity for added punch, Knowledge landed with knees strikes to the back of the two closest sweepers necks, disabling them instantly. While still falling, North managed to get off four rounds before landing on the two unconcious guards to soften his fall. He had managed to strike three out of his four targets. Two fatally, one seriously and the fourth was so alarmed by the voracity of the ambush, he instantly retreated back to cover. Without relenting, North rolled to his feet and kept up the pressure, unloading bullet after bullet into the remaining Vipers cover. The ASP hears a pistol dry fire and takes the opportunity to emerge from cover only to discover North was using two pistols. Knowledge executes the commando at close range then takes his weapons before the body the corpse can stop twitching.

A pair of workers locate North and hold up hammers menacingly until Knowledge reveals he has an assault rifle, sending them fleeing. He smiles for a moment until the pauses...beliving he hears something. North changes the selector over to single shot and braces to fire aiming down the empty corridor. After a few more seconds of relative silence, a wall of construction wokers rush into the hall like the stampeding of the bulls. North takes a half a dozen down but as it becomes obvious he won't stop the charge, opts to retreat, changing to full auto before knee-capping the crowd closest to him and watching the domino's fall, buying him precious seconds to escape the angry mob. Leaping from catwalk to platforms, North is able to escape some scrutiny as he simply moves over the crowds.

Alicia: "Okay...if you happen to be looking towards Gateway Island, nows a really good time to not be."

The Knightwraith dove in to its high-speed pass and fired twelve hyper-velocity anti-matter warheads dead onto the target. The largely underworld structure at the centre of Gateway was destroyed. The entire artificial island collapsed in upon itself...within it's vast structure trapped 225 thousand ASP Commandos...crushing some and condemning the rest to a watery grave. Elektra commented just after detonation:

"There'll be no hiding that from ADP."
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

With shockwave closing on the Wraith, Sally banked hard to avoid the blast as she vectored in to it's secondary target at "The Terminus".
    The EMP pulsewave from the primary anti-matter blasts were wreaking havoc with the cities powermains, causing darkness to dance across the Melbourne skyline.
    The glow was still flickering in the windows over the Terminus when the howl of the Wraith's unique fanjets began to rise at the station.
    Looking around the main pit, North realizes that the only way to slow the 25k soldiers below is to bottleneck them.

The pit area is crowned with an oversized crane, now permanently apart of the structure's lift system with a tower that stradles the edges of the drop like a tripod.
    North figures since the crane is the sole means of locomotion on this end, disabling it traps the solders in the Terminus and prevents them deploying into the city.
    Of the three supports he needed to take out, Knowledge had only one left to do when he was caught.
    Holding their leash...was Annette Murphy.

Murphy was ecstatic.
    A real "Cinderella Ten" of a day she called it.
    It was almost too perfect.
    They bound his hands behind his back and had him brought to her in the Atrium overlooking the terminus.

Murphy: "Thought you could really get away with it didn't you?"
    North: "Kinda brings back old memories don't it?"
    Murphy: "You mean the ones where you killed my entire family?"
    North: "Yeah...I meant THOSE ones. And FYI, I didn't kill all of 'em myself...I had help."
    Murphy: "What about it?"
    North spat upon the ground: "What's it like knowing you're just about to die and nothing you do is going to be able to stop it?"

Murphy stopped laughing.
    Mee-Chan set off the explosives on the two Drop struts.
    Although surrounded by four ASP Televipers at point blank range, superior hand to hand skill displayed by Mee-Chan shames every ASP who tries to face him until finally, there is only Annette left.

She unfortunately has the drop on him with her Luger P08 Custom.

Before Murphy can squeeze the trigger rises the sound of an "air raid siren" and then a distant "buzzing" noise.
    In the next instants, the windows overlooking the Atrium explode as the Knightwraiths chinguns tear the building's glass surface to shreds.
    North kicks the pistol from Annette's hand before leaping over his bonds to put his hands in front of himself.
    Murphy pulls out a Bowie knife and goes to skewer North with it.
    He deftly avoids the thrusting attacks everytime.

North: "Say...that's a REAL nice knife...you won't be needing it soon...d'you mind if I have it?"

In her zeal to draw blood, all Annette has accomplished is cut Knowledge's ropes.
    North takes a length of that rope and traps the Televipers hand while she tries to impale him. He then spins behind the ASP with arm trapped and brings the Televiper within inches of cutting his own throat.
    A second soldier arrive and takes aim at the pair.
    Annette pleads for him not to fire but North reaches for her MAC-10.
    He shoots at North through her but fails to strike the Jumper.
    The Jumper however is able to successfully fastdraw her SMG and blasts his would be assailant.
    A wall of men try to make their way up the stairs from the lift.
    While moving overhead on beams which crest the rooms below, North tosses down a fire extinguisher at the lead "worker".
    Knowledge then shoots the extinghuisher to explosive effect.

Sprinklers activate.
    There is a momentary flash as the "god-lights" pulse.
    Then the crash as Hard Suits decend through the ceiling and land upon the stone floor below.

The Stormfront Hard Suits make short work of any infantry they catch in their line of fire.
    Within moments, no ASP remains standing.
    Knowledge motions at Hurricane and Typhoon.
    The two large Motoroids move to his position where he points at the cranes final remaining intact support.

North: "BLAST IT!!!"

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

35mm autocannon and 8.8cm rocket cannon fire upon the cranes final anchor with the result causing the immense elevator platform to decend into the pit, crushing anything underneath is and filling the lower areas of the pit with flaming inferno.
    Although the ASP had almost circumvented the mag-lev tunnels security locks, the fire alarm added an new level on encyption to the ASP efforts and shuts down their attempt to wrest control of the interior doors.
    Things look as if the fat lady has all but sung...when from the bottom of the rubble, something stirs.
    From beneath the concrete, the BU-12's emerge, unscathed.

North shakes his head: "I coulda told ya that was coming..."

The four BU-12 stand in the rubble and track North as he stands at the edge of the Drop watching them.

All four then turn and see there is a Hard suit standing where one was not before.
    Seven stands with arms folded.

Three Boomers wheel once more when distracted by the sound of a hyperfan jet from a Hard suit jet thruster.
    Elektra lands behind them and casts the Boomers a menacing glance.

Two suddenly spin to their six o'clock when a green Hard suit is then seen dropping from the ledge of the building to plaza level.
    Alicia wags her finger at the remaining Boomers.

Finally comes another Hard Suit fanjet plume as Mouse decends from the roof tops and surrounds the BU-12's, bathing them in the light from her sensor mast.
    Seeing they are being scanned, the BU-12's instantly percieve a threat and seek to remove it.

The last BU-12 turns from Mouse to see North is now gone but Nimbus stands in his place.

Alicia: "End of the road for you boys..."

Each BU-12 picks a Hard Suit and presses its attack.

BU-12 Alpha selects Alicia as it's quarry and chooses to employ it's caseless 30mm chaingun first.
    The Green Hard Suit was already in the air as the first rounds of the BU-12's salvo started to land, closing on her foe.
    Alicia countered with a burst of N-PAWS fire from her triple cannon as she vaulted through the air over her adversary...pinning it down.
    The attack suprised the BU-12 but it responded by using it's shield to brunt the balence of her volly, but in doing so...discontinued it's attack upon her to protect itself

BU-12 Beta decides to charge it's opponent. Using jet engines consealed in its back and legs, it flies towards Elektra in an bid to melee with her.
    Elektra obliges, vaulting off it's shield/cannon arm but as she jet jumps away from her foe, peppers him with shoulder mounted railgun spikes.
    The salvo damages the Boomers head and one of his sensor masts in the exchange.
    It responds with a spinning back kick but discovers too late it has completely missed it's target when Elektra emerges in front of the BU-12 and lands a double boot bomber to the BU-12's head.
    The strikes has the effect of causing the boomer to fly out of control before hitting a building and causing an explosion.

BU-12 Chi tries it automatic 40mm grenade launcher.
    It lays down a salvo of explosive shells at Mouse but the tiny Pink Hard Suit arcs high above the explosives range before hitting the BU-12 with a virus.
    At first, it's HUD flickers for a moment...from Combat Alert to Condition Green.
    The Chi unit maintains firing it's salvo as Mouse tumbles over her foe.
    It's HUD flashes to Condition Green and after firing straight up over it's head...the BU-12 stands down and at attention.
    The shells it fired into the air begin to land all around it, one producing a direct hit.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-
  • Adenides
    Adenides
    Greetings,

CONTINUATION...

BU-12 Delta Goes airborne and fires it's 30mm chaingun as it arc's skyward.
    Seven is already dancing between the shots the BU-Delta has yet to fire and flawlessly, she steps through the hail of incoming weapon fire to leap onto it's chest as they collide.
    Seven retracts her monowire sword and impales Delta's head with a single thrust...then, while pulling it's head "up" she fires her opposing hands N-PAWS cannon into the Boomers sensitive throat.
    The BU-12 goes to grab Helen by the arm to throw her but without moving a step, she moves around her enemies grasp...like water...only to counter with another monowire sword swing from her other hand to Delta's throat.

Alpha uses its flightjets and goes vertical to escape enemy fire but before it can gain any appreciable altitude, Nimbus takes it from the sky with a well placed 20mm explosive Metalstorm hipsalvo.
    Alpha hits hard and for the effort, has now lost an arm while sporting damage to 50% of it's systems.
    The arm he lost unfortunately was his main weapon arm.

(Beta hits a building about now.)

(Chi is being hit by his own fire and immobilized.)

Delta charges at a wall but Seven vaults away from the doomed Boomer as she severs its head from the torso. BU-12 Delta immediately stops moving and falls lifeless to the ground.

Alpha tries to stand up as Nimbus begins a "death from above" manuver on BU-12 Alpha by jet jumping into the air above it.
    Alicia distracts it by delivering charged Shoge Hook to the Alpha's back before juicing him for all she's worth.
    The surge overwhelms the Alpha temporarily who freezes in place for a moment.

Beta had hit the ground. Elektra wants to add insult to injury, and always being flashy, wants to leap over the fallen BU-12 Beta and S-mine him...she sprints to close range.

Chi tries to limp to cover now that he has become damaged. Mouse's virus is still causing problems with BU-12 Chi's heuristics...it believes it has locked onto Mouse, but is in fact targeting another BU-12...Alpha in fact.

(Delta is dead by now and Seven is already looking for another target.)

Nimbus lands with a "death from above" jump jet kick manuver into BU-12 Alpha's head, destroying it in the process. Alpha is eliminated in a single hit by North.

Beta tries to use a nearby wall to stand when Chi staggers into view. BU-12 Chi then proceeds to gun down BU-12 Beta.
    Alicia vaults past BU-12 Chi and severs its arms and weapon with her cutter ribbons in a single deft motion.
    It turns to kick her but instead comes face to face with Hurricane and Tsunami instead.
    Each motoroid then holds BU-12 Chi by an armstub and each takes turns kicking the boomer in the stomach.
    Chi doesn't last long.

Then as suddenly as it started...the Wraith swoops in over the battle...and the transport cloaks once more, receeding into the skyline...along with the dark clouds, now suddenly vacant.
    ADP showed up in time to mop up but one look at the carnage and Portney already knew who to credit.
    Stormfront had prevented an invasion.
    Melbourne fell in love with Hard Suits.
    They didn't care about Corpus Christie.
    The population felt it would be a crime to give them up to the FBI.

"Get y'r own, mate!"

That was the Australian government & MB-1's official position on the vigilante issue.
    Thanks to political pressure brought to bear by the TRIADE and Lin-Keui...Stormfront was saved.
    For now.

TO BE CONTINUED...

-Peace-