One of the WotC Saga mini-adventures had caught my eye and so I figured I'd try and run a beginner adventure set in "The Dark Times":
- No Force-Users....besides, The Dark Times didn't have too many Jedi left anyhow....seriously cuts down on the paperwork and hairloss!
- 100 point "pregenerated" characters (converted directly from WotC/Saga rulebooks) that default as "human". Players will be able to add 25 points to their characters any way they see fit....to simulate d20 "class feats" or a Star Wars "alien species" template, add a skill/perk, etc.
- It was originally a mini-adventure and shouldn't take long to play out....like 12 or so 3-4hr sessions at best I guesstimate.
- Set about 120 days after the events of the videogame "The Force Unleashed II", the game is based around the heroes finding and joining up with the now fledgling "Alliance to restore Republic". The REAL "Episode I" (which anyone under 30 probably calls "A New Hope") is but a few years away. The Empire is now out in the open and for some reason, a large percentage of the galaxy doesn't feel thats a bad thing. The Death Star's debut will change all that noise REAL fast! "If you haven't done anything wrong, then your world has nothing to worry about....right?" (This was almost a "Clone Wars" adventure but I figured with Disney making a "Rebels" series now with the same style of CG-animation, who wants to wait till 2014 for a fix?)
- The game would use Maptools 1.3b87 and Skype but I am considering a move to other VOIP software.
- Aim is to have one game a week at a time to be chosen by the players. (Any day but Friday!)
- The adventure was originally for 3-5 players but to be perfectly honest, I'll be happy if 2 show up!
- It WILL use Impulse Buys cinematic rules. A typical d20 adventure SMEARS most players once converted to "high realism" GURPS. Impulse Buys alleviates this issue.
All pregens were taken directly from d20 pages and then rounded out for the GURPS system. Mostly from the Saga Corebook, TFUCG, RECG and TOTG. (For those who don't speak d20, that's "The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide", "Rebellion Era Campaign Guide" and "Threats of the Galaxy" from Wizards of the Coast)
To anyone who may be interested, I can be reached here by PM.
Experience with GURPS not needed....all the footwork has been done for y'all anyways!
Included are a few of the selections available to choose from and modify. No background stories are included....those will be left to the players to devise. I shall post more (if not all) by this evening Eastern Standard Time.
Only the "Gunslinger" advantage is verbotten.
A player MAY choose "Force Sensitive" but without any other accompanying Jedi abillities, it's a waste of 5 points.
All Star Wars GURPS material is free online. Just do a Startpage search for "GURPS 4e Star Wars" and Azaroth's page will come up. Also any search for "GURPS Lite" will find you a free SJG download that details the rudamentary game system in like 12 pages or less....something like that.
Dice macros are all built directly into the tokens for ease of play.
All characters created with GURPS Character Assistant V4.
Divide all equipment costs by a factor of 10. An Imperial Credit is equal to 10 GURPS dollars inflation-adjusted for a TL11 society.
Pregenerated Characters are as follows: