西遊記 - Journey to the west, Book of Jade PbP, looking for players

Davachido
edited May 2013 in General Archive
Heya,

I would like to run a play by post of Book of Jade (Ironclaw), likely on the portal for a game of Journey to the West. I haven't created a page for it yet, I'd like to see how much interest there is.

This is a tale from where I grew up though many have heard of the tale in other forms. Saiyuki in Japan, Journey of the Monkey King in America/England.

What I want to do, is to get a group of 4 dedicated players (I have one player interested already) to play as the group taking a journey to the west. This is an odd experiment from a RP standpoint as the characters are already written for you however how you interpret them is up to you. You will be taken along the journey and get the characters to grow and learn. In terms of character creation only the race is restricted to the character you choose to play in the story. Shown below:

Monkey King, Sun Wukong: Monkey
Half demon, Zhu Bajie: Pig
The Exile, Sha Wujing: Ox
White dragon, Yulong: Dragon

The monk Xuanzang will be an NPC that you are defending for the duration of journey. The monk is human.

This story will take place in the same fantasitical Earth as found in Journey to the West so the PCs will be some of the few mystical animal like creatures on the Journey from China to India. Most people they interact with will be human.

As all the characters in the story are relatively powerful beings we will be starting with more gifts and experience compared to a standard Book of Jade character.

Each character will also start of with a unique power or item that they get to use for the throughout the game.

Sun Wukong: Ruyi Jingu Bang, At-will Gold-bound staff (Vast-as heaven)
Zhu Bajie: Demon form gift.
Sha Wujing: Unique Water Magic gift.
Yulong: Transform into ridable horse and Unique Bodyguard gifts.

If people are interested please let me know.