HELP! CSS flop screwed up my campaign!

tommy19
tommy19
edited March 2013 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi everyone I'm in desperate need of help. I'm kind of new to CSS and have managed to make a few of my campaigns look really cool. I was trying to do that with another one and added a background CSS. I added the position:fixed; attribute and now I can't scroll down any page! Which means I can't fix it. if it helps here the exact code I used.

/* Background */
#content {border:1px solid maroon; background-color:black; background-image:url('http://wallmages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Pikachu-Pokemon-Wallpaper.jpg');position:fixed;}

Is there anything that I can do?

Comments

• markspace
    You might be able to use the Firebug addon in Firefox (or something similar) which allows you to change the css of a live page to remove the problem code so that you can get to the edit box to change the saved css
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Go to your main campaign page and then, in the URL bar in your browser, add /edit to the end of the URL. That should get you to the place where you can edit your CSS.
    In case you weren't aware, when you added position:fixed where you did, it fixed the DIV with #content as the ID.
    Next time, use background-attachment:fixed instead and see if that works for you -- though, I'm thinking it might look a bit weird I haven't tried fixing the background on the content DIV myself.
    Post edited by madartiste on
  • tommy19
    tommy19
    markspace - Thank you! I'll keep firebug installed in case this ever happens again!

madartiste - Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't work. I got me to the edit page, but i wasn't able to get down to the CSS box to edit out the mistake. Thanks for the suggestion for the background as well, I'll give it a try. ^__^
  • madartiste
    madartiste
    Ah! Sorry, Tommy. I didn't think of the fact that the edit box is part of #content! I'm glad firebug got you sorted out. It's a very useful tool to have!