System Question-Put it to the group

Raven_JT
Raven_JT
edited February 2013 in General Discussion
My group(me running my wife and 3 kids) have started a new campaign. We're 2 sessions in, with at least 2 more planned to be ran on my days off the next few days. We've been debating putting it up on OP and see how it goes. The only stumbling block is what to list it under. We've gone back into the Serenity RPG. BUT it's a "mutant" Serenity. Let me explain:

My main groups have played a LOT of different systems over the years, but we never seem to run a system straight, we always seem to "break it" and mutate it some way. Whether it be bringing races/classes/ skill etc from other systems into it. We've played Serenity before and we all loved it but plan to break it again since the system is so easy to tweak and hack things into it. All of us being Serenity/Firefly fans, we know that people tend to get REALLY touchy when you start going too far off from their beloved show/series.

So, the question is, if we do this "mutant" Serenity...would I list it under Cortex System or Serenity?

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Whatever you feel like- the folks here are a lot more forgiving (as long as you don't start the D&D 4 vs 3.5 issue)

Just trying to help out.

• Raven_JT
    Raven_JT
    Thanks, that's good to know.

UGH! I don't know how many times I've been sucked into THAT debate. GEEZ! LOL
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    Hi Raven_JT.
    Sounds like something best described on the site.
    I tend to surf pages that use the same base system as I'm using (so Pathfinder when I was running Rise of the Runelords, and now HarnMaster that I'm running my own murder-mystery campagin). Sometimes the rule system changes posted are the best part of the sites I visit. It's really cool to see how people warp and change the game system to fit what they want to run.
    Post edited by ketherian on