Links to a Page?

Comments

• DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    Another entry from the may-not-even-be-possible files: it could be helpful, when I'm looking at a page, to see a list of my other wikis that link to that page.

Early on in my campaign, I had two NPCs who were later revealed to be the same person. Each identity had its own NPC page in an attempt to throw the players off; I reconciled those two pages into one, but then I had to hunt through all the links to those sheets to make sure they pointed to the right sheet. (This was before the GM only sections were implemented, which might have made things easier.) :P

It's not terribly important, but it would be convenient in situations like this. I really like to use the hotlinks, after all.

Thanks in advance!
  • redstar
    redstar
    I wonder if you can do an html redirect? Well, probably not, since it requires access to the tag...

An other solution would be to, just place a link in the "revealed" npc's profile for the new one: e.g. if NPC X and Y are the same. Put a link in NPC X's profile directing to NPC Y's.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I actually designed the wikis with this in mind (stealing it from looking at how other wikis were designed). So, the data is there. In other words, it's possible to easily get a list of all the pages linking to a particular page.

So, there's no real technical issue with it. Still, like always, I can never figure out a way to present the data in the user interface.

In any case, it's a good idea, and it's on our todo list...just near the bottom ;)