Anima world building/race creation

Alladhiir
Alladhiir
edited September 2012 in Campaign Portal Building
Hey everyone! Been on this site for along time now, although done very little on it. For my mate's D&D campaign and planning on using it in more detail for an Anima campaign that I'm starting. Uhh for this anima campaign I'm using my own world, one which I've been developing for along time. It's a fantasy world with elves/Dwarves/Orcs etc but set in a 1940sesque technological level. I'll go into more detail later but right now I'm just wondering about race making. That seems pretty easy but to keep it balanced maybe a bit of a bastard. I've made one thus far, the Hunter a race that's kinda like uhh the Claymores from lol Claymore but no wayyy near as strong or powerful, they have to have magical potential and they have to live through what is called "the ritual" to create them which kills more than it doesn't. This is what I've got making them thus far.

I used the race builder in the main book and many "house rules." Does the race seem alright? I was looking at some of the optional "non-human" races in the book and they seem much more powerful than mine.

Hunter Race. (Requires buying “the Gift” which in my world only costs 1 CP instead of 2)

A Hunter has a starting Gnosis of 25
Grants “Extended Perception” they are able to “feel” Altercations to the radiations/reality of their surroundings and can discern if supernatural abilites are being used (and to what extent) around them. This is a secondary skill, of MK+search/notice or then dividing the result by half (rounding up)

Their origin is Natural/Super natural.

Natural abilities

Fatigue resistance (grants the Hunter 2 extra fatigue points)

Accute Senses (+30 to any perception-based secondary tests)

Increased Attributes (Add +1 to every stat)

Increased Reactions (+20 to natural intiative)

Increased Physical resistance (+10)

Increased Mystical/Psychic resistance (+10)

Regeneration (+2)

Mystically Undetectable (+50 to resistance checks against anything detecting whether it be magical, psychic or Ki)

Night vision (allows the reduction of sight tests in natural darkness to be reduced by half)

See Magic

See Matrices

Aren't allowed following disdvantages (Sickly, suseptible to poisons)

Forever young (If Hunters survive the ritual they never age, they stay at their peek for hundreds, perhaps even thousands of years. Though this is unknown as neither Vampires nor Hunters have been around for that long. But can still die in battle or by other natural causes, EG: suffocation, poisons, etc.)

Aura reduction (Hunters can reduce their magical aura to the eqivolent of a normal un gifted person (everyone has a magical aura or a radiation aura even those ungifted in magic) This allows them to go undetected by the Priests of the church or Jaroai or even other hunters. There is no need to roll to do this but it takes an active action to lower and the Hunter cannot use any magical or psychic abilites when they are in the midst of lowering their aura (only Weapon cloak) It also takes an active action to raise their aura back to higher levels) This doesn't enhance their ability to hide from magical detection just to hide how much magic they have to detect.

Weapon cloak (All Hunters have an ability to “cloak” their weapons that they carry from plain sight, until they so choose to draw/use said weapon (weapon must be sheathed/slung for it to work) This requires no test but it takes an active action per weapon to cloak them. It takes a absurd (180) for a magic user to detect the cloaked weapon(s) (one test per weapon cloaked)

Note: Hunters can only recruited from races with a natural magical ability this is only Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs.

Level modifier: 2