Using (not creating) Dynamic Character Sheets

Jake
Jake
edited August 2012 in Campaign Portal Building
So there's this shiny GURPS character sheet, created by Langy, that I'd like to use in my campaign. It's been coded, submitted, and approved, as far as I can tell. The bit I'm missing is this: How do I actually use the danged thing in my campaign? All of my searches end up pointing me back to the instructions on how to *create* a new character sheet, but I haven't yet found anything on how to *use* one that somebody else created.

If someone could either explain how to use the thing (if you assume I'm a half-wit and thus use small words with lots of clear detail, that'd be just fine) or point me toward the forum post or helpfile explaining it all, it'd be most appreciated.

Thanks, and my apologies in advance if it turns out my Google-Fu is simply too weak to cut the mustard!

Comments

• Langy
    Langy
    Just edit a character and there should be a drop-down to let you select the character sheet at the top of the edit page. Note that the GURPS DST is for the 'GURPS' system, not the 'GURPS 4th Edition' system - I had to select one and only one, and GURPS was the first one on there.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Have fun printing them. The biggest flaw with OP is that the only part of dynamic character sheets that print is the text. Makes them almost impossible to use if you don't have a laptop/tablet/etc ready.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Most of those printing issues you're describing are actually issues with your web browser rather than OP's formatting, for what it's worth. Browsers just aren't built for good printing. For best results, try printing using Firefox (since it has better printing options than IE or Chrome), and adjusting your print settings - enable printing of backgrounds, turn off automatic scaling, adjust margins, and so on to best fit the page. That won't fix everything, but it will get you more legible print output than you have otherwise.

For what it's worth, there are definitely some things we could be doing in our CSS as DST creators to improve the quality of print output, and there are some core site CSS improvements that could be made as well. As far as I know, none of us have actually done them though, at this juncture.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Thanks Chainsaw, I'll keep that in mind and give it a try! I'm a content guy, my knowledge of code is confined to wiki markup and basic HTML.

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!