Display text (Character limit?)

Charsen
Charsen
edited February 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• Charsen
    Charsen
    I just finished writing a post for one of our very long adventures, and I ran into a problem. The page is quite long ( http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/60/wiki/campaign-web/rest-in-peace ), but the last bit has been cut off. Probably bout a hundred or two hundred words tops.

Here's what I suspect... I checked the word and character count, and it has 28,744 characters without spaces and 34,337 with spaces. If i remove a few paragraphs, it shows the last bit of the story. This may or may not be related to an int storage capacity of 32767, but it seems like a possibility for sure!

Good news is that it does keep the full saved version, it just affects how it's displayed.

What I will do is just break it into part 1 and part 2... It should probably be split up anyway for readability. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is close to this possible limit... (it's ok though, since you don't lose any data!)
  • Micah
    Micah
    They're stored in the database as "text" fields, which should allow for arbitrarily large text entries. However, there may be some intermediary steps where, as you say, some sort of maxint truncating occurs.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks for the report!