Kelowna BC --> GM looking for game or players

alzathoth
alzathoth
edited July 2012 in Player Lounge
greetings all,
i am currently looking to join in on an established mature game, or to start a new campaign.
i have played various forms of RPGs, including: D&D (all ed. except 4), GW, gamma world, CoC, space opera, CP2020, the list goes on.
I have played a multitude of character styles, but my true enjoyment comes from GM'ing.
i have personally run a few successful campaigns in D&D 2nd&3rd ed., CoC 1920s, warhammer FRP, CP2020, and a few others.
i tend to write story driven campaigns, (i like to add house rules for variation) and tend to get bored quickly of "HacknSlash" dungeon crawls.
my last campaign that i "tossed together" lasted about 4 years or weekly gaming. ;)
i have also began constructing core rules for a new game system based soley on D10.

hope to hear from you soon. :)

Comments

• lucger
    lucger
    Alzathoth,
    I am also looking to join some game as well. I've played 4e, and 3.5 for a little while. I'm currently looking at purchasing the Pathfinder Beginner's box to see how it compares to the 4e Red Box. I've even picked up the re-issue 1st edition AD&D books for nostalgia. I would love to start a campain with AD&D, which was not so reliant on minis and maps, the adventure was in the imagination. I'm not the most experienced, but I learn quick. I've played 4e online with a group via skype and maptools, but nothing can replace the face to face gaming. I'm an easy going guy in mid 30's who is definitely not a rules monger. It's more about the story than the rules, as long as everyone is having fun.
    I work 9-5 on weekdays, but would play on evenings or weekends.
  • alzathoth
    alzathoth
    lucger,
    i will be using the original d&d3.5 CORE rulebooks. no expansion books(there are too many/complicated).
    i will be running my campaign on weekend evenings.
    we should meet and discuss.
    al
  • lucger
    lucger
    Hey Al,
    When are you thinking of starting your campaign? How many others do you have playing? We should meet and discuss for sure.
    Maybe once we have a group we can all meet. I'm interested and luckily I still have my 3.5 PHB handy.
    Luc