How to link between Adventure Log and Wiki

Comments

• FireDrake
    FireDrake
    Hello,

I am having some trouble linking between the Adventure Log and the Wiki. While I know that I can use the fully qualified URL, I was wondering if there was some kind of shorter, more textile styled way of doing so.

--- Firedrake
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yes, there is a shorthand.

The Adventure Log and Party Wiki are actually the same thing. Adventure Log posts are just specially styled wiki pages.

Every page (wiki or a-log) has a name. To link to another page, just enclose its name in double brackets like so:

[[My Other Page]]

This will automatically change into a link for that page. In the case of Adventure Log posts, the name defaults to the title of the post, but you can change it if you wish.

Also, if you want to change the name that is displayed, add the link like so:

[[My Other Page | display like so]]

This will create the link, but it will have the text of "display like so"

I hope this helps.
  • FireDrake
    FireDrake
    Hi,

The part that does not seem to quiet work are links to anchors.

On my page Cedric, I have a line

h3(#1441WF-12). 12 day Winter Finding

I would like to like to that place on the page with textile link like

[[Cedric#1441WF-12 | my text]]

but I find I need to include the full url to link to the anchor.
  • redstar
    redstar
    Hey Firedrake,

As far as I know, anchors don't work, not even the HMTL ones right now... if the HTML ones were working though, you would want to do this:

"This is My Page":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/yourgame/wiki/campaign-web/mypage#anchor

Basically, by turning it into a hyperlink, rather then a wiki link, you can step around the problem.

Hope that helps.