default the wiki tab to "Show All"

tetrasodium
tetrasodium
edited February 2012 in Campaign Portal Building
The wiki tab has an editable default page that displays whenever someone clicks the wiki tab, is there a way to make it display the list of wiki pages you get when you click the "Show All" link instead without having to manually update it every time a wikipage gets added?

Comments

• Beaumains
    Beaumains
    If you can renegotiate the link, you can effectively re-direct traffic to that page. Alternatively you can link to it in the Main Page. Other than that, it's a page and can't be auto-updated by any means I know of. I don't suppose it's impossible though.
  • tetrasodium
    tetrasodium
    damn, I was hoping for something simple like mediawiki's ability to do things like #REDIRECT [[:Category:wiki]] or something:(
  • Beaumains
    Beaumains
    hmmm. I'm not very familiar with the relevant coding, so I don't know that it's _not_ that simple. If memory serves, Chainsaw and Magavendon are among the coding gurus around here, so hopefully you can get their attention. I do know that OP has expressed direct willingness to 'borrow' functionality from sites such as wikipedia (and therefore wikimedia), so such a function may be in the works if not in place already.

Keep in mind however, either way, that the /wiki page will display pages in the order of _creation_ not alphabetically or in any other organized format (so far as I know), which means that that is not the best way to keep track of your pages. If you're concerned about losing (i.e. forgetting) pages, what I have done is to create an "unlisted" tag that I automatically apply to new pages that have no other tags, until I determine a more appropriate tag; that way I have ready access to all of the pages via their tags, and especial access to the 'floating' pages.
    Post edited by Beaumains on
  • magavendon
    magavendon
    Thanks for the compliment Beaumains, but now you've put me in the spotlight!

Anyway, I will definitely look into this!
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Magavendon, Beaumains is right... you are becoming a go-to guy on coding.

Just trying to help out.

• magavendon
    magavendon
    I've been looking into this and there doesn't seem to be a way. I haven't tried all of the different scripting languages in an attempt to redirect with them, but I'm pretty sure none of them will work. I do know we can't use javascript in our wiki pages so it's a safe bet the others aren't allowed either. Both frameset and iframe html tags don't work and you've already mentioned #REDIRECT not working. I can't think of / find anything else that would work so it looks like you're outta luck. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, just to let you know I didn't find anything.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Thanks for trying magavendon!

Just trying to help out.