Trouble registering

darkliquid
darkliquid
edited February 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• darkliquid
    darkliquid
    I recommended the site to a friend of mine (who also happens to be GMing two games I'm playing in) but he is having trouble registering. He never seems to get the activation email, he has checked his email and tried the 'resend activation' link several times but he has never received the activation link. Is there currently an issue with the signup process? He is probably registered as lostprocess since that's the name he uses most often online.

Of course, he may have been able to get signed up and activated since I last talked to him about it, in which case ignore this :)
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    Ya know, I had a couple friends have the same issue.... I just thought they were being difficult on purpose.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I have to share my embarrassing moment:

When I started my registration process, I initially typed in my yahoo.com address. Then I changed my mind and decided I wanted to use my gmail.com address. Trouble is, both those accounts have different usernames. So I ended up typing in (gmail username)@yahoo.com - and then emailed Micah all concerned because I hadn't gotten my token yet.

I'm not saying to assume user error, but this did remind me of my experience.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    a player in our campaign had this problem a while back that Micah had to fix. Sit tight and I'm sure he'll get to it soon :D
  • Micah
    Micah
    By far, the most common issue is a typo in the signup e-mail. The server is very good at sending out the activation e-mails, but they often bounce back to us. There is really nothing we can do, since there's usually no way to figure out what the actual e-mail address should be.

If you have trouble with this, send us an e-mail at [email protected] After we verify that you are who you say you are, then we can change your e-mail address in the database and re-send the e-mail.