Help page shows wrong user

merkuri
edited February 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• merkuri
    When I click on the Help link the little header at the top shows someone else's name, as if I were logged in under a different user. It says "Welcome, ". Right now it's saying "mrlittlejeans". It even does this when I'm not logged in (it acts like I am logged in). Any of the user-specific links still take me to my pages, not the other user's pages, so it's not a security risk, but it is weird.

I've seen this on multiple computers. This browser is Firefox version 2.0.0.11. The other computer was also using Firefox but I don't know the version (I suspect the same).
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    You know what, I'm supposedly mrlittlejeans as well.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    same. I guess this means we can now magically wear little jeans
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Good Lord, don't I wish. =P
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. same. I guess this means we can now magically wear little jeans

This new identity totally shows off my ass.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    =3
  • Micah
    Micah
    Damn you all and your good eyesight ;)

It's an issue with caching, where the page is not created each time someone comes to it. It's a trade-off between keeping things fresh, and making the site run quickly.

We know about it, but it's sort of low on the list of issues. We assume that all of you (our hard-core users) never go to the About, Help, Terms of Service, etc.

Still, I'm sure it's confusing to new people, so thanks for reminding us.