Dynamic Character Sheet Template Approvals

ChainsawXIV
ChainsawXIV
edited January 2012 in General Archive
Hey there DST authors! As I'm sure _none_ of you were aware, I'm now lending a hand with the approval of new and updated DSTs. I figured I'd throw a thread up here letting you all know that you can contact me if you need a sheet reviewed and approved (I'll peruse the list from time to time as well, if you're in no big hurry).

Additionally, I've just finished going over the current backlog of pending approvals, and several new sheets have been approved. If your sheet was _not_ approved and you have questions about why, please don't hesitate to drop me a message, and I'll try to help you out.

Comments

• kenurion
    kenurion
    Hi ChainsawXIV, I have a pending template revision: Kenurion ADnD. It's backward compatible with the current version. Would definitely appreciate it getting released.

Thx!

kenurion
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    You'll need to submit your changes before I can approve them. :p
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Any new Pathfinder sheets? We've been using the one available but it seems to periodically lose info.

Help me Obi-Wan Chainsaw, you're my only hope!

Also, I won't have time for awhile but is there any sort of tutorial on building your own from scratch? I might try my hand down the line.....

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

• ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    You can find a starter kit and some additional information linked in the "original DST thread":http://forums.obsidianportal.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1307&page=1.
  • cczernia
    cczernia
    Hi ChainsawXIV, I have been waiting for approval on the Heavy Gear DST for two months. I've opened two support tickets on it already. Can you take a look? Thanks.

Regards,
    Chris
  • ronsmith42
    ronsmith42
    I was reading about the DST building process and went to github to download the API and saw the latest comment "Removing DSTs since they are stored in database now." Does that mean DSTs are no longer supported? Is there some alternative means of creating character sheets?
  • Langy
    Langy
    You know, now that I think about it, I'm not entirely sure how to go about getting a dynamic character sheet approved. I just finished coding one for GURPS (it's not actually -finished- finished, but it's in a very useable state; anything extra I toss at it will be just to make it more awesome), and I think I've submitted it for approval, but I'm not sure - none of the DST information out there seems to go into any detail on that part of the process, with most of it being horribly outdated.

Anyways, you can check out my new DST "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/dynamic_sheet_templates/108 for now; it's just the coding and such, since the actual sheet is currently only viewable by myself (and I assume ChainsawXIV and anyone admins or otherwise involved in the approval process). My test character came out fine, though of course there are still things I need to iron out before I'll consider it 'finished'. As-is, though, it's certainly acceptable for general usage.

EDIT: Oh, and DST's are definitely supported - by 'removed' that bit meant that they were removed from Github because they're natively hosted by OP now. You can get the code for 'em from the link I made to my sheet in this post.
    Post edited by Langy on
  • Langy
    Langy
    So, I've been trying to get my DST approved for a while now, but after ChainsawXIV had some issues with viewing the sheet I haven't been able to get anyone to give me an update. Are the issues with the DST approval process (namely that ChainsawXIV, and possibly the others involved in it, can't actually view submitted DSTs in order to approve them) fixed? Is anyone even looking into them? I've contacted OP support a few weeks, maybe a month, ago, and got nothing. I've PMed Micah - got nothing. I'm hoping that posting this free and clear on the forums will get someone at OP to actually read this message and reply to it.

Can someone please update me with the status on this? I'm fine with a simple 'we're working on it', but not getting any sort of reply via the OP support system after a month is pretty bad.

EDIT: Oh, and the DST is "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/dynamic_sheet_templates/113 - during my discussion with ChainsawXIV while we were trying to figure out what the issue was making it so he couldn't view the DST at all, I deleted and re-uploaded my sheet.
    Post edited by Langy on
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    Hey there guys. In case you hadn't noticed, I check in on the forums on only an irregular basis, so if you ever have immediate needs (even if it's just to get something reviewed and approved), your best bet is to PM me. That goes to my email, which is open all day every day.

Ron, the DSTs are still very much alive and kicking. It's just the API support for them that was removed I believe. You don't need the API for dynamic sheets though, so you're good to go on developing them.

Langy, I emailed Micah about that issue back when we first talked about it, but I don't think he's had a chance to look into it yet. I know he was taking the rest of the weekend off as a well deserved break after finishing the site CSS support, so I'll try to get in touch with him again this week for follow-up. My apologies for the delay on this.

*Edit:* I just ran into the exact same issue we were having when reviewing another user's submission, so this is definitely affecting more than just you Langy. I'll get these reviewed and approved just as soon as it gets resolved. Again, sorry for the delay.
    Post edited by ChainsawXIV on
  • Langy
    Langy
    Yeah, I understand not having the time to actually look into it and all that, but I've been trying to just get confirmation that he even knows that there's a problem - from what I could tell, nobody even read my email to OP support or my PM to Micah. All I'm asking for is some kind of response - any, really - from someone in a position to actually attempt to fix this, even if that's 'Oh, OK, we'll look into that'. No support request should lay fallow for a month; even if you can't do anything about it, at least acknowledge that you've received it.

To be clear, this is the _only_ thing about OP that I've been frustrated/disappointed with. Otherwise, OP is a great site, and is extremely useful in helping me run my campaign. I understand that things can slip through the cracks, too - but when they do, there has to be some way of alerting people to the issue, and just PMing or emailing OP's support didn't work, so I was left with the forum.

In any case, I have a bit of a suggestion - in the interim while the normal process is down, could you temporarily approve of a DST in order to check whether it's acceptable, and then if it isn't de-approve it? If de-approval isn't possible for some reason, we could just delete it and create a new one, like I had earlier. I imagine this might be something you'd need to talk to Micah or someone else about, but it's just a thought.
  • ChainsawXIV
    ChainsawXIV
    The issue appears to have been fixed. Please continue to submit new sheets and updates as normal, and don't hesitate to PM me so I know to go review them.