Help With Images

KenSee
KenSee
edited December 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Hi guys, its me...again....

I am trying to spruce up my campaign wiki by including images as links to wiki pages. One problem: I am not code savvy and have no clue how to.

Anyone got any advice?

I appreciate yall's help putting up with my noobish questions.

-Ken

Comments

• Morrinn
    Morrinn
    (Assuming you are using textile)
    It may look pretty complex at first, but in actuality it's pretty intuitive. You insert links as usual and simply put the textile code for an image in the link description.

So if this is a picture;
    !www.imageurl.jpg!

And this is a link;
    "Click here for sexy ladies":www.rickastley.com

You just splice them together like so:
    "!www.imageurl.jpg!":www.rickastley.com

Hope that helps!
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    Awesome! It worked! Thanks so much!

Now, is there a way to re-size images in Textile?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    In Textile? Not as much resizing. Aside from having the resized image being uploaded, you'd have to use HTML, where you can define the image heights.

Adjust as needed.
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    I solved by simply resizing it in paint. Alot more work than what you did above. haha oh well, I should have checked back here first.

Thanks for the help guys!
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    Sorry for the double post but there is another thing I wanted to ask.

I saw someone mention in another thread the Onsite Image Library. What is that?
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    you can upload custom images to the website. If your in the edit screen hit the small stack of pictures on the far right. Its the last icon above the edit screen where you type stuff in. From there you can upload your pictures directly and alter size easy as well. I would suggest switching from flash uploader to simple file uploader. Once done its save on the portal site and all you have to do it click on the image and it puts it right in for you.
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    O.O That's awesome!

How would I use those pictures for links?
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    I have a couple of things I do. This is the easiest but is kinda ridged in spacing location and size.

[[:The wiki Page Name|!The Url Code for the picture!]]

This one is more complicated but you can position it where you want or need and you can also the picture size without editing.
    Post edited by HurstGM on
  • KenSee
    KenSee
    Thanks guys!! I appreciate the helping of a noob as myself.

Trust me, I will probably post again soon haha
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    no prob bob. If you want an example of how the code looks on op then click "here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/private-while-under-construction/wikis/those-that-walk-the-road