Okay code monkeys lets see how good you really are.

TheMazeController
TheMazeController
edited December 2011 in General Archive
So check this out

http://stefanp.eu/blog/2009/10/weather-generator-ui-revamp-using-flex/

I wrote to the author of this app asking if I may see / use the code for a GM only page in OP. Alternatively I am gonna say that this community might be able to come up with a better solution maybe? Can anyone produce something like this that would also display the actual weather for each region in their campaign?Like have different versions running to give a weather report anytime you went into a page of the OP site.

I am pretty newb to all this web stuff so I don't know if what I am looking to do is impossible currently but I view that as a strength. Since I don't know the meaning of no, I am willing to try anything.

Comments

• RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    You can't have randomly generated content as far as I am aware. You can have static images displaying weather reports (I have done this), but anything that randomly seeds is well beyond the capability to do things with the HTML/CSS tools we are given.
  • TheMazeController
    TheMazeController
    So no way to have it generate a monthly report then have the display update itself daily?
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Not as far as I'm aware. You can't get the daily updates, but you could generate a calendar with a day for each event, if you wanted to go that far.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Yeah, there isn't a way to generate anything within your OP page, flat out. You can manually put in almost anything you want, but something like that can't be done. They are restrictive on the type of content that you can put into an OP page, because if they let you use whatever sort of code you wanted, you'd easily be able to get access to things that aren't public. Besides, that uses Flash, and I think it's a little more work than any of us hobbyists would want to put into the weather on our pages (with the possible exception of Rase :P).