Organizations/Groups

bluesguy
bluesguy
edited December 2011 in Feature Requests
First of all sorry about my other post in the Site Announcements :-(

I would like to implement the idea of Evil Overlords (http://www.treasuretables.org/files/Evil-Overlords-TT006free.pdf) in my campaign. I have three friends who live out of state and I use to game with. They are willing to take on three factions in my campaign world to help give it a more 'real life' feel to it by injecting 'reasoned randomness' into the campaign.

I want them to update information on my portal to cover what their factions do. So what kind of information would be part of an organization:
1. Organization Name
2. Public information
2a. History
2b. Current events
3. Private area for the player to record hidden information about the organization
3a. History
3b. Upcoming events
3c. Links to characters associated with the organization (public & private members of the organization)
3d. Assets of the group (money, followers, equipment)
4. GM area

The way this would work is my friends would publish once or twice a month both the public and private events going on with their organization. As for my table-top group all they would know is there are things going on around the 'campaign world' that may or may not involve them.

The closest way I can see to implement it with the current tools is using Characters. But my friends can't create private wiki pages that are linked from the private area of a Character. Or can they?

Comments

• vstraydogstrutv
    vstraydogstrutv
    Perhaps make a dummy account and add that account as a player, then promote the dummy account to co-GM. Then, give your friends the username and PW? That would give your friends free reign, I THINK.
    Post edited by vstraydogstrutv on
  • bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Hi,

>Perhaps make a dummy account and add that account as a player, then promote the dummy account to co-GM. Then, give your friends the username and PW? That would give your friends free reign, I THINK.

Except I don't want them to have free reign. I want each of them to run an organization as if the organization was a 'character' So they know what their organization is doing but they don't know what the other organizations are doing or GM specific information I might have.

For right now I am creating organizations as 'NPC' that will then be assigned to a friend. They will also have NPC assigned to them (people in the organization). That will allow the organization to have a 'public face', 'player only information' and GM only information. The same will be true for NPCs that are part of the organization. The downside with this approach is that all 'actions' will be recorded inside the 'player only information' area. That could get very unwieldy over time.

Maybe by then something could be added to the Wiki pages to allow the assignment of a Wiki page to a player - thereby allowing for public, player private & GM private information.
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    Yup, sure looks like the only way to do what you're wanting there (with present tools) is to make an organization as a character and do everything they can through the "Player Secret" features. Remember every Player Secret can have a specific list of players that can and can't see it. Plus you can add multiple "Player Secrets"