Modeling an 'organization'

bluesguy
bluesguy
edited December 2011 in General Archive
I would like to implement the idea of Evil Overlords (http://www.treasuretables.org/files/Evil-Overlords-TT006free.pdf) in my campaign. I have three friends who live out of state and I use to game with. They are willing to take on three factions in my campaign world to help give it a more 'real life' feel to it by injecting 'reasoned randomness' into the campaign.

I want them to update information on my portal to cover what their factions do. But.... I want there to be the public information, the information they keep to themselves & myself and also a GM section. In some ways that would mean modeling the organization like a character.

So far so good. But it would be nice to have an 'organization' log which tracks their actions each month. Keeping that all in the 'character area' is going to get messy after a while. Also I don't want to make them co-GMs because some of what they do will be interactions with each other. It would be best if they didn't know what the other faction is doing.

As for my table-top group all they would know is there would be additional information about what various factions are doing. Heck even I might be surprised.

Got any ideas on how to implement this on the Portal? Or do I need to ask for a new feature - Organizations & Organization Logs - which can be assigned to player?

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Make them all wiki pages would be the best way.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt
    Duskreign's "COTM for November 2011":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/wyrmshadow/wiki_pages/112011

Just trying to help out.

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Except then the players can see all the details about what organizations are doing. Some of those areas are going to be private. I also don't want to give my friends GM access.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    You can make the wiki pages gm only, or only put parts that you want secret in the gm only section.

Just trying to help out.

• bluesguy
    bluesguy
    Yes I use that feature all the time.

Again the issue is I have three friends that live out of state. I have asked them to 'run' some of the factions/organizations in my campaign. Kind of like PBEM. They are going to provide flavor to the campaign for the table top players. I want to have a way for them to enter information on site. Some information is public (everyone can see it - players and friends). Some information is only for the person running the faction/organization. And finally there is some information that only I have access to.

So it is like having a wiki page that does what the Character pages do - public, player only, and GM only.