Browsers on OP

HurstGM
HurstGM
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
So i created a new game and i like and use internet explorer however some of my players are using firefox and now it looks all messed up. What is the most common browser on OP. As far as I know there is no way in HTML to have the code look right in all browsers so Im at a loss as how to make it look good across the board

Comments

• gaaran
    gaaran
    Most code works in most browsers, however, there are always going to be inconsistencies. I would think that the most common is Firefox, but the big four to test are going to be IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari (I've always had the exact same experience in Chrome and Safari however). When you are working on the code, make sure you test it in the other browsers to make sure it's working properly before you set it aside. There's no fast an easy way to make sure everything is properly formatted in all of them without testing it, in my experience. I've always done trial and error until I found a method that worked and stuck with it. Perhaps some of the other forum goers have a better way than that though :).
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    Ug fire fox. Ok sounds like i have to download it on my machine and see if i can fix it. Or just put a warning on there to view it in IE
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    I'd try and make it compatible, I know I for one probably wouldn't take the time to open another browser to take a passing look at a website. (I would if I was one of your players of course, but still)
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    yea. Thats what I figured
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    so the firefox thing did get me to realize one thing. the command is not well liked using another designator like is better and seems to work in both browsers
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Those two commands do very different things, what are you trying to accomplish?
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    Yea I reverted back to my collage textbook and gave my self a refresher today. I figured out the problem was in my sintax. Once corrected its just a matter of going over each page and placing the corrections in them.
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Awesome, glad you got it figured out :)