User images gone on main site

photoneater
photoneater
edited January 2008 in Bug Reports

Comments

• photoneater
    photoneater
    It appears user images are gone on the main site. At the time of this post, they seemed to be working on the forums, however.

Even if you try to re-upload an image, it doesn't seem to work.
  • RobJustice
    RobJustice
    At the time of this post (12 hours since Photoneater's above post) they have returned.

All in all, not a bad response time.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I noticed them gone briefly this morning, but my login attempt to the forums gave me an error message around the same time. Somehow I translated this into "oh, the user images are stored wherever the forums are, so if I try again later when the forums are up again, the pictures will be back too."

I don't know if I'm right or not, but in any case I'm happy to see the pictures and the forums again.
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    bq. I noticed them gone briefly this morning, but my login attempt to the forums gave me an error message around the same time.

I had the same problem, but I wasn't sure how to report issues with the forums if I couldn't _reach_ the forums. :P

It reminded me of something the late Mitch Hedberg said: "I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it."
  • ryan
    ryan
    That was my bad. I had updated the code to check to make sure if a user had an avatar to display it, because some missing avatars were causing the pages to render extremely slow. It was working in our development environment, but broke in production. Fortunately it was discovered fairly quickly and patched immediately.

We've also pushed out several other optimizations that hopefully addresses a majority of the slowness issues.