Textile for Pros?

Comments

• gh0st
    gh0st
    Ok, maybe I am a bit of an elitist, but as a programmer I have one thing to say about Textile: Bleck!!! But I also despise VB syntax, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Anyway...does anyone know where I can find some more hardcore textile information? There are just some things that I can't do...I want to embed tables, or at the very least 'float' two tables next to each other.

Also, does anyone know where there is a standards/syntax specification? I don't want just a list of examples but rather the full blown syntax specification.

Does Obsidian have (or plan to) support for CSS?

My little gilie-whines aside, this site is pretty darn cool and you guys need to keep up the good work.

Thanks,
    gh0st
  • Micah
    Micah
    Yeah, Textile is not perfect, but also as a programmer, it was readily available :)

There is support for some bare HTML tags:
    http://www.obsidianportal.com/tutorials/allowed-html-tags

In addition, you can add style attributes to these tags. Also, I think (not a big Textile expert myself...) you can add style elements with brackets like so:

p{color: blue; margin: 20px}. This text will be blue and indented.

Use the tag ( in this case) name, then curly braces, then a period, then a space. I've done it a little and it works.