Should we start a Texas gamer thread?

PolletteIrieska
PolletteIrieska
edited January 2008 in Player Lounge

Comments

• PolletteIrieska
    PolletteIrieska
    Yet another here from TX. I'm in San Antonio right now, moving to Fort Worth next weekend (probably all of next week). I've been playing for 14 years now, started with AD&D 2E, but since then, I've opened the door to all sorts of games. My first love is DnD and always will be, preferably Forgotten Realms, but I love variety. After the move, I'm going to be designing my first campaign and I'm not afraid to admit that I'm scared. It's going to be Shadowrun. I know that Shadowrun is really crunchy, but I love the world and I have a great story planned out for it.
    My love of gaming led me into the most awesome job in the world, which is working for a gaming magazine. The only thing that could possibly be better is playtesting, but I can't even see a future method of getting paid for that.
    For those curious, I'm 31, married, with a 2 year old daughter that looks like an angel and acts like an ogre. My husband also plays, we actually met in an online game and it was love at first roll. I have a history of clutch rolling (single digits until it matters, then crits and crits and crits) and I collect dice. I've been told that I have a bardic knowledge check more than once because I love obscure trivia.
    Oh, and according to the vast wisdom of those fun internet quizzes out there, I'm a CG wizard. :D
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. I’ve been told that I have a bardic knowledge check more than once because I love obscure trivia.

Oh my God, I love bardic knowledge. It's easily my favorite class feature.

Anyway, I know I've already welcomed you to the site via PM, but I figured I had better step in and do it officially, as well. Welcome!
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    Welcome to OP! I'm just outside of San Antonio myself, but _I'm_ staying. :P

Seriously though, since everyone I've gamed with in my time here worked for Borders, we've probably never met. Judging from our similar taste in games, that's probably too bad. I'm sure you'll find this site invaluable for building your campaign, as I have.

_My_ reputation (as a player) is for rolling poorly, period. I've come through in the clutch exactly twice since 1980 - once in AD&D 1st Edition days and once last Thursday!
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    D/FW here. Possibly all alone on the board, but definitely not all alone in the area. And hooray, the campaign that was supposed to end this past Saturday gets one last encore this Saturday. I'm disgustingly happy about this.
  • Deatheshroud of the
    Deatheshroud of the
    Hey I'm from Texas to! Ever heard of a town called Pflugervile? I moved from California to Texas for the cheap land! Texas is beautiful.
    l.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Pflugerville! If I remember correctly I drive past/through there when going from D/FW to the San Antonio area. (The in-laws are out in Helotes and Hondo.)
  • DarthKrzysztof
    DarthKrzysztof
    Sweet! Pflugerville's not _too_ far from SA, if you're using the overland movement rules. ; )

Zero's in Austin, too, IIRC.
  • Flatscan
    Flatscan
    Austin here as well, and actually in Zero's 4e Shadowfell game. Cool to see so many from the Lone Star State rolling dice and taking names.