Size of a Character Image Question

Dyluth
Dyluth
edited October 2011 in General Archive
Good afternoon friends. I was wondering on a point of sheer curiosity, if you could have your choice, what size and or dimension (in pixels that is) do you prefer character images displayed at? Does anyone know what the maximum size a character image CAN be displayed at is?

Any input at all is more than welcomed as always:)

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    In Wyrmshadow, I always liked 200px square, but in Star Wars, I opted for a smaller image. I think it's all a matter of whether or not you have images that look good/show enough detail at that size, and you can show consistency in the sizing of character images. I find it a little jarring when I look at a character page on a wiki and some pictures are portrait, others landscape, others square, etc.

I say, go with whatever dimensions show enough detail without taking up too much space on the page. As for the maximum size, I think it was 300 px square, but I could be wrong.

- Duskreign
  • wolfhound
    wolfhound
    I was curious so as a test I uploaded a few sizes. Looks like Dusk's ballpark guess was pretty close; it caps out at 256px square. Anything larger gets scaled down.