Are the forums section free ?

nightstorm
nightstorm
edited September 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
So I'm VERY new and just came across the fact that I cannot post anything in my forum section without a membership.
I thought that sucked but took it in stride. BUT someone else on here said he never paid a membership and gets that feature for
free. Which is it? I'm confused.

Comments

• HurstGM
    HurstGM
    you need to be an acended memeber to get forums on your specific game sites but anyone can post here
  • nightstorm
    nightstorm
    well Now I don't know what to think.
    I know He's not just telling me he didn't pay.
    Is there a free trial period or something?
    BTW thanks for answering.
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    I dont think there is a free trial period but here is an example of what ive figured out. If the GM has an acended membership then there is a forums section where the players of the game can post. As an example im running a play by post game called "OCP Security Services":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/unkown-project and as the GM because im acended there is a forum. Now there are a couple of my players who are not if they were the gm then there would not be a forum becasue they are not acended. If you not a player in the game then you cannot post as well. I dont know if that answers you questions. I think you will find posting here is a good way to get information
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Hurst is correct, if the GM is ascenedant and you are a player in the campaign, you can post in the forums of that campaign. Most of my players are not Ascendent and they all make use of my forums.
  • nightstorm
    nightstorm
    Thanks.
  • nightstorm
    nightstorm
    oh also how do you put up banner art at the top of the main page?
  • magavendon
    magavendon
    When you go to your campaign's main page, if you click "Edit Settings" link on the right side of the page it will take you to the edit screen.

Once here scroll almost all the way down; beyond the Google Analytics Tracking Code box and before the Campaign Backup section you will find the Campaign Banner section.

I haven't actually used it myself, but I assume this is what you are looking for.
  • HurstGM
    HurstGM
    there is another way if you need a custom sized or your trying to modify your page more. PM me if you would like the coding.
  • nightstorm
    nightstorm
    Thanks everyone. I got it working.