Importing Monster Stat Blocks from DnD Insider

LeafyAcorn
LeafyAcorn
edited September 2011 in General Archive
I'm really struggling to figure this out.

I'd like to somehow get DD4E monsters from the DnD Insider Monser Builder into my characters section. Because the DDI uses Silverlight, the furthest I've gotten to exporting monsters from it is to print it to a .pdf. However, it doesn't seem like Obsidian has a tool to cut and paste / link to external files? Or upload files?

Banging my head against the wall here. If I can't store all my NPC info on here, that means I'll have to revert back to keeping/organizing this info on my computer, which is troublesome 'cause I do this work across three different platforms (home PC, iPad, work PC) and liked the idea of a "cloud-like" service for my campaign.

If anyone could please send me some help/suggestions/work-arounds, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Comments

• LeafyAcorn
    LeafyAcorn
    *bump*

Still trying to figure this out, if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers!
  • Pils
    Pils
    Hi LeafyAcorn,

Personally, I use a screen capture program to select and save the file in a .jpg format (optionally with photoshop or another program to crop and resize it).

It's the same when I create monsters or PNJ, I finalize it in .jpg too. You can "click here":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/dark-sun-a-trova/characters/amon-tok to see what it look like.

Excuse my english, I hope you will understand...

-Pils

Dark Sun ● La Décade des Héros : Face the Fire of the Dark Sun... a World ravaged by Sorcery! (CotM - Dec 2012)

Les Royaumes Oubliés : A D&D 5e old school style Forgotten Realms campaign!

(And I'm so soooorry for my poor english...)