How can I hide a wiki page?

Arcane_surge
Arcane_surge
edited August 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I'm just migrating over to OP right now, because I love the idea of players contributing to the setting and the wiki format, but one of the things I used to do was have easter eggs on my site, which would lead to pages with a dream or something they could use in character. I'd love to do this again, but I don't know how to hide a page from them on the site. if it's GM only, then they can't see it at all, right? But if it's not, then it'll appear in the list. Is there a way to do this within the wiki, or do I just have to host the pages somewhere else and link to them?

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    There are "GM Only" and "Player Secret" options for all your wiki pages. Player secrets are for Ascendent members only, but I believe GM only is available to all.
  • Arcane_surge
    Arcane_surge
    Thanks for commenting so quickly, DarkMagus. I know about GM Only and Player Secret, but what I'm looking for is a way to make a page that's viewable by the public, but doesn't appear on any of the page listings for my wiki. Is there a way to make one like that internally?
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    No problem Surge.
    Not that I'm aware of. I know that some of the more clever members keep the pages somewhat secret by making the name something like "secret 1" and making it DM only so the contents can't be figured out by the name. I don't think that there are the tools to make what you're looking for here on OP, but I could be wrong. Someone else might chime in with some insights, there's a lot of really helpful people on these forums.
  • Arcane_surge
    Arcane_surge
    I think I figured it out. If I use an image, I can host it on photobucket, and then just link to it, and adjust the html settings to conceal the link colour, I think.
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Oh good. :) Hope it all works out.