What Happen to Ascendant Member features when you cancel?

Teleute
Teleute
edited August 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I am currently an ascendant member running two games but both will be ending soon and I rather not pay for ascendant features when I am not playing or running a game on OP. However, I am worried about some of the items I have uploaded, such as more than one campaign map. Does anyone know what the fate of these things are when you cancel? I know there has been mention of a future "archive" feature but I don't know when or how that is going to work.

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    As I understand it, your two campaigns, and everything currently uploaded within them, should remain intact. However, you will no longer be able to utilize the Ascendent features at those sites (e.g. not able to create new threads on the forums tab, or to upload additional images if you have exceeded the MB limit of the free account).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    That is the case, but nothing is deleted, you can just no longer access it. If you were to reactivate, your extra maps and everything else would become available again. That is the way I understand it, but I'm only 99% sure.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    You can avoid this issue altogether by just starting another game, you know. haha.

I personally would not like to lose access to ascendant features. Why don't you have your players pitch in on your membership, so it doesn't cost you as much to keep it...especially if you intend on re-ascending eventually anyway.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    With a typical group of 5 with GM, ascendant is cheap....
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• wadehone
    wadehone
    how does one go about Cancelling anyway? I am not sure that I 'Want' to Cancel.. but I Darn well want to know how to. (there is no FAQ, and it's not something you can Access in your profile, AND searches on the topic turn up little more than the thread I just made, and this one.)
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Answered in your thread.

Just trying to help out.