RPG Podcasts

Baalshamon
Baalshamon
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
One of my players is involved with game development and design. He is often on these two podcasts which discuss multidimensional role playing as well as time travel and other things. The podcasts are both enjoyable and enlightening. Check them out.

"Tri Tac PodCast":http://tritacsystems.podbean.com/

"TotalCon PodCast":http://totalcon.podbean.com/

You will not be disapointed.

"Star Trek Late Night":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/star-trek-late-night

Comments

• Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Breakdown of TotalCOn Podcast Episodes:

Episode 08: Making Great Adventures Panel
    Jun 27th, 2011 by totalcon
    In this episode I talk to Jack Graham, Bradford Younie, Mark Edwards, and Andre Kruppa about designing adventures. We focus mainly on what makes for great adventures and what to avoid.

Episode 07: Ben Gerber Interview
    Jun 14th, 2011 by totalcon
    This episode we interview Ben Gerber and his loyal companion Scott. Great interview! We talk about World of Aruneus, Troll in the Corner, and Ben and Scott's personal journey into gaming. Listen up playa's it's good stuff.

Episode 06: Overcoming Geek Gamer Stereotypes
    May 6th, 2011 by totalcon
    This episode Ethan Gilsdorf takes the reigns of panel master and discusses what it means to be a gaming geek. We talk about growing up geek, living the geek life, and the future of geekdom and gaming. Fantastic panel and you'll be flogged if you don't listen to it! Dig?

Episode 05: Andre Kruppa Interview
    Apr 22nd, 2011 by totalcon
    I interview Andre Kruppa and we talked about his somewhat unique style of game events. Andre is a very popular GM in the area and after you hear this interview you'll know why. Enjoy!

Episode 04: The Tri Tac PodCast - Inter-Dimensional Gaming
    Apr 3rd, 2011 by totalcon
    This is the live recording of my other podcast, The Tri Tac PodCast. I had three friends of mine at the convention sit in and play co-host. Our topic was inter-dimensional gaming. We talked about what should go into an cross genre, cross dimensional, role playing setting. The discussion turned out really well and I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Episode 03: Iron GM Interview
    Mar 28th, 2011 by totalcon
    This episode I interview Rone Barton and Lou Agresta of the Iron GM competition. This was a really fun and interesting interview. Find out what the Iron GM competition is and how it came to be. You'll also find out a lot of info on its creators. And not to be overlooked, you'll be on the front row of Rone's proposal to long time life partner Lou. Okay, so things got a little silly. Why are you still reading this? Go! Listen! Enjoy!

Episode 02: The Art of Gaming Panel
    Mar 25th, 2011 by totalcon
    On this episode James Carpio hosts our panel of gaming artists: Jay Libby, Don Higgens, and Peter "Blix" Bryant. Get insights on what it takes to be or hire an independent gaming artist. Our panel also talks about their pitfalls and successes in the industry.

Jay Libby - DillyGreenBeanGames.com - Open for commissions.
    Don Higgens - dmd.comicgenesis.com - Open for commissions.
    Blix - Studio187.com - Not taking commissions.

Episode 01: Gary Astleford Interview
    Mar 16th, 2011 by totalcon
    This is it gamers, the first TotalCon PodCast. I had the honor of interviewing industry guest Gary Astleford. He's an interesting fellow and he's doing some really cool stuff. I hope you enjoy this episode and feedback is always welcome.

Gary Astleford has been a freelance writer and game designer since 2003. In that time, he has been fortunate enough to write for companies such as Black Industries, Fantasy Flight Games, Green Ronin, and Wizards of the Coast, to name just a few. Gary broke into the computer games industry in 2007 after landing a job as a writer/editor for the Warhammer Online MMORPG. Currently, Gary lives with his wife and two children in Hudson, Massachusetts. During daylight hours, Gary works as a narrative designer for 38 Studios. His interests (in no particular order) include computer gami
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    Episode 78: Solo Campaigns part 2
    Jul 10th, 2011 by tritacsystems
    This week we finish our discussion of solo campaigns where there is just a single player and GM and the player only plays one character. Success in this kind of campaign is fairly hard to achieve, yet many new players or GM's wishing to play a new game find themselve here. We give our best tips for successful character creation, equipment selection, and adventure design.

Episode 77: Solo Campaigns part 1
    Jul 4th, 2011 by tritacsystems
    This week we explore how to make a campaign successful if you only have a single player who only wants to run a single character. This informs the campaign from character design to adventure creation. Naturally you should also review our series: Packing for Success that was published in the early days of this podcast. While we concentrate on Fringeworthy, these issues will be similar no matter what game you are playing.

Episode 76.5: Hard Wired Hinterland 2 part 2
    Jul 4th, 2011 by tritacsystems
    This week we continue with John Reiher's notes on running a successful beginning or Day 0 campaign. After editing it was a lot shorter than I expected so look for a new episode of the Tri Tac Games podcast also on the site.

Episode 76: Hard Wired Hinterland 2
    Jun 27th, 2011 by tritacsystems
    This week we continue our introductory episodes on the recently published game Hard Wired Hinterland from Tri Tac Games. John Reiher captains this episode as we cover his experiences in introducing new players to the game and some surprising differences between HH and other exploration RPGs.

Episode 75: Making Great Adventures
    Jun 20th, 2011 by tritacsystems
    This week we come live From Balticon! This episode Blix hijacks the show once again to record live from a convention. His co-hosts include Scott Sigler, John Monahan, Chris Lester, and Travis Surber. We discuss ways to kick your adventures out of the mundane and into overdrive. All of my co-hosts have published works and are experienced gamers. This is a must not miss episode!
    Post edited by Baalshamon on
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Thanks for posting this Sthephen W. Sadly I have become rather busy of late and probably won't have time to listen, but I'm sure others here will take advantage of the podcast.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • Morrinn
    Morrinn
    Thanks for sharing these! Had fun listening to the first few
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    I ran into this link a friend sent me. It connected me to dozens of podcasts dealing with all kinds of RPG subjects. Well worth checking out.

"Podcasts":http://www.rpgbloggers.com/category/podcasts/
  • Baalshamon
    Baalshamon
    The latest Podcoast, "Episode 84: Mature campaigning in the Hard Wired Hinterland ":http://tritacsystems.podbean.com/wp-content/plugins/podpress/podpress_backend.php?podPressPlayerAutoPlay=yes&standalone=yes&action=showplayer&b=188378&id=2064708&filename=http%3A%2F%2Ftritacsystems.podbean.com%2Fmf%2Fplay%2Fj47x52%2Fepisode_84_tts_podcast_mature_hinterland_gaming.mp3