A MOTD Entry

Seraph
Seraph
edited December 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• Seraph
    Seraph
    Easiest way to describe it is much along the lines of everyone's posts from 10 years from now, a post that will always be on top, without a date, or even a title. Basically a box other than the description to put in pertinent information that you always need to have at the top.

Would look a little better then posts from 2010? :)

~J
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Hey, my posts from 2012 ACTUALLY come from the future!
  • Seraph
    Seraph
    Dude, where's your time machine, i need to borrow it :)
  • Figment
    Figment
    I find that it's cleaner to just redate the top box everytime I need to do so, but a MotD option wouldn't be bad either.
  • Micah
    Micah
    I've seen you guys doing that, and I've been trying to figure out a way to help with it. The post-dated adventure log entry is obviously sub-optimal.

It seems that some use it for a MOTD, but others use it as a quick summary or overview. However, the "one post always on top" should serve both purposes, I guess.

Let me put it on the list and see if I can't figure something out.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Figment
    Figment
    A MotD, if ever created, might be placed either between Description and Party in the right sidebar or between the Game System and the five tabs in the body of the campaign's home page. This MotD section could give the date and MotD page name for the latest MotD entry, and readers could just click to go to appropriate MotD wiki page. This assumes that MotD entries were integrated into the rest of the wiki (with the Adventure Log and Party Wiki).