Hidden Player Characters

Theely
Theely
edited June 2011 in Feature Requests
I think it could be handy to have the option to make PC characters hidden/secret.
In my campaign I have a player that is going to sacrifice a character and start a
new one. We would like to keep this from the other players! The player would like
to make his new character before hand but the others might see it coming if he
suddenly makes a new character.

Comments

• GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    You can make a PC GM only!!! This would keep him secret!
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.

• Theely
    Theely
    If I set to "PC" and "GM-Only," if I change the ownership to the actual player will
    he be able to see and edit the character still?
    Thanks!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I don't think so. The only way I could see that working would be if he created the character (completely) and then you made it GM only. He wouldn't be able to do anything to it at that point (he could still ask you to change things though, I guess) and you could give it back to him when the character appears in game. Not ideal...but the situation is far from ordinary, wouldn't you say?

Not sure that such a situation would arise often enough that the site should work on changing things for it, but between all the mighty minds on the forums, we can probably figure something out that will work for you.
  • GamingMegaverse
    GamingMegaverse
    Correct. Make the character completely, or have the player send updates to the gm and then have the gm enter the updates... Another possibility is putting the player in the player secret section, then cut & paste it.
    killervp
    "A God...Rebuilt":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/a-god-rebuilt

Just trying to help out.