How does the ranking system work?

Bathlarper
Bathlarper
edited June 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
Can someone explain to me how the campaigns under the 'Campaigns' tab are ordered? At first I thought it was purely by number of fans but then I noticed that some of the campaigns above mine had fewer fans than I have (currently 15) so I assumed it must factor in activity or number of players but again some of the campaigns high up on the list haven't been updated for almost a year.

How are these campaigns ordered and can anyone think of a better way that would put campaigns that are both popular and current near the top and easy to find whilst dropping defunct campaigns further down the list?

Comments

• arsheesh
    arsheesh
    As I understand things, the ranking is based upon fans (though there do seem to be some exceptions that I cannot account for). The thing is, you can use the filters on the campaign page to look for only current campaigns, for campaigns of a certain game system, or most recently updated campaigns etc. But the default is simply # of fans (as far as I know at any rate).

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh