If a campaign is not published are the NPCs published?

Comments

• wyrmul
    wyrmul
    So I have created a campaign and I don't want the information public at the moment. I have created the campaign and it is not published. I am filling in information like NPC's and notable items and they are listed as public. Is there any way to default the published status of the NPC to match the Campaign they belong to?
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    If they are public but not visible, then they won't show up on the NPC tracker for your campaign unless you are looking at it with the GM account. I just verified this part.

Also, if they are public but not visible, then the only way anybody will find them is if they happen to be using a search term that would return your character. And even then, all they will get is whatever blurb is returned via the search function. If they try to click the link to view the full writeup, they will be told they don't have permission to view the page. I've just verified this as well.

EDITED TO ADD: This research was done on a PUBLISHED campaign. It may be even harder to see stuff if the campaign is not published.

Let me know if that wasn't actually your question.
  • Micah
    Micah
    NPCs are totally separate from the campaign in many ways, and there is no way to default them to the same status as the campaign. Sorry :(

For now, just make them private and you'll be good to go. Once you're ready, make them public.