Hello from Central California

gamerman831
gamerman831
edited May 2011 in Player Lounge
well met everyone! thought I'd drop a note that im here...

IM HERE! :P any how, im in to StarWarsSagaEdt., D&D 3.5, and hopefully will have some resources for D&D 4E soon...

im 30, male, 2 kids... and a PS3 fanboy. other than that... its a non issue.

laters

Comments

• Talmeth
    Talmeth
    Welcome to the community gamerman, things around here are pretty friendly...

Its nice to be on boards like this, as it always helps to chat and have others scan you ideas... so id love to know,here to build,read, or play =)
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Greetings Gamerman!

Have you played the new Mortal Kombat? My younger brother got it and one of my friends too. I'm not a big gamer but wow am I loving this game! Not only is it nostalgic it's just a really fun multi-player game.

DarkMagus
  • gamerman831
    gamerman831
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Played MK with my brother-in-law. Not my genre but its a great game. Cant ignore the graphics, level desgin, and awesome gameplay. Cant wait for PSN to come back!!!
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Greetings, Gamerman!

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Hi there! I'll try not to hold it against you that you're from California. ;) (I'm an Oregonian who got transplanted to Texas.)
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Welcome Gamerman, welcome to the Portal!

@FemmeLegion, I am an Oregonian who has been living in the North OC for the past 5 years, and boy am I homesick! Course I just learned that I have been accepted into a PhD program over in New Zealand, so pretty soon my time in Purgatory will be coming to a close. No offense intended Gamerman, i know plenty of people who love the OC.. I'm just not among them.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gamerman831
    gamerman831
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    And i love that I can bring this online community closer together =P
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Sheesh, you're going to be going to NZ for a PhD program? That's amazing! If you want to know any awesome places to visit, let me know, I spent three months traveling around there :)
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Congrats Arsheesh, that's so awesome!

New Zealand will most likely be a great inspiration for more amazing maps as well. Its kind of funny that I'll be moving to California this summer for a PhD program (Masters included though), just as you'll be leaving California for a PhD program. Best to ya!
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Thanks guys! Yeah I'm super stoked. I actually spent about two weeks there myself back in 2003, taking a road trip across both islands. Didn't manage to see it all in those two weeks but we saw an awful lot! I'm looking forward to taking it all in a bit more slowly this time around. Having said that, I'd sure like to here whatever suggestions you have Gaaran. Sounds like you had considerably more time to get familiar with the lay of the land on your trip, and it would be nice to get some pointers.

Oh, and I'm pretty excited about the program as well. Anyway, I'll stop highjacking your thread now Gamerman, but thanks for all the encouragement guys.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
  • gamerman831
    gamerman831
    @arsheesh:

Dude... Do u really think I care if a Phd steals my thread??
    But seriously, give it back bro!

=P Kidding
  • Black_Vulmea
    Black_Vulmea
    Welcome to the Portal, *gamerman*.

Where in central California? I lived in Three Rivers, near Visalia, for a little while.

Mike aka Black Vulmea
    "_Le Ballet de l'Acier_":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/le-ballet-de-l-acier - swashbuckling adventure in the age of the Three Musketeers and Captain Alatriste
  • FrankSirmarco
    FrankSirmarco
    Congrats, Arsheesh.

I hear they're filming some sort of low-budget fantasy film in NZ over the next few months. It'll probably be hard to find out where all the filming is going on, though...
  • arsheesh
    arsheesh
    Thanks Frank! I won't be heading over till January though, so no small cameo for Arsheesh ;)