Unrelated MMO question

gaaran
gaaran
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Hey gang, Rase and I were talking and I'm curious, do any of you play any MMORPGs, and if so which ones? I'm currently playing Rift, and I thought it would be awesome to see if anyone else plays too!

Comments

• Duskreign
    Duskreign
    Ooo, is Rift cool? I dabble in LOTRO and was considering trying DDO. I am also going to be a day-one SW:TOR addict, methinks.
  • VentureSix
    VentureSix
    Been playing WoW since it came out, although dabbled in others. Looking forward to Star Wars!
  • gaaran
    gaaran
    Rift is a lot like WoW but everything is a little bit better :). I too am looking forward to Star Wars and plan to make the switch when it comes out, but for now Rift is pretty fun. But it's not free to play like DDO and LOTRO :P.

I play on the Harrow server if anyone has it or is interested in trying it.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Kingdom of Loathing! :)
  • DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    I don't play any MMORPGs but a couple of my buddies just got really big into DC Universe. They seem to really like it for the character creation process and for the fact that you don't have to put in a gazillion hours to compete with other players.
  • DreadGazebo
    DreadGazebo
    I've played almost every MMO since EQ2, the mainstay was WoW for quite some time. I was in closed beta for WoW, after the first xpac things really sank for me, not to mention the life absorbing/destroying qualities of MMO's. I've been virtually MMO free for over a year now and I'm not looking back. I like games that have a finite ending, because unfortunately I don't have all the time in the world like I used to. Plus, some form of closure is always nice.
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    I've often considered it, but I've literally seen WoW take over a couple people's lives in negative ways so I'm turned off of the concept a bit, and I'm like Dread in that I also like my games to have an ending. Time consumption and other factors play into it, as well, like finances (I realize some good ones are free) and like I said, I do toy with the idea periodically. Overall, I'm really not as into vids as I used to be, which is probably the major factor.