Dynamic Pathfinder Character Sheets? Please?

Dungeon_Master_Loki
Dungeon_Master_Loki
edited March 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I've only found one PFRPG character sheet on here and unfortunately it does not seem to work consistently. Is anyone else out there working on one?

Game Designer, Pro GM, multiple ENnie Award winner

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

GM of The Planewalker's Guild (Pathfinder 1e) 

Need a GM? Book me today!

Comments

• ketherian
    ketherian
    I hope someone is. I've not dug too deep into dynamic character sheets and could give feedback on my attempt to use the one that's out there if anyone's interested.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Would love to hear your comments and shortcuts. Trying to get my game stuff transferred over from the old website and a PFRPG compatible sheet would make my life SO much easier.

So what glitches and workarounds have you found?

GM of Planejammer: The Spelljoined (Pathfinder 1e) Campaign of the Year 2011 and still going strong!

• ketherian
    ketherian
    When I turned the dynamic character sheet on - it did a great job at parsing the text and image that was already on the page. I lost no data and I really liked the look of it.
    I found entering the information into the form very slow. It gave me a lot of time to come up with a lot of questions. Here's the list:

* It would be very nice, after entering all the values for a skill, to have the total provided automatically/
    * Why did I have to manually enter the ability mod for a skill?
    * I needed to add more armor.
    * In the columns for feats - there's the option to add more feats. But really it's add more feats/special abilities -- because more rows are added and the two columns are side by side.
    * Is the column beside traits and the column beside Languages really an area to enter more special abilities, or should the Traints/Languages headers be expanded?
    * Equipment: you have two sets of columns for Item/Weight; why isn't the total weight provided automatically? At the least there should be a box for total weight carried.
    * Also - having the two sets of columns is great for space, lousy for searching. I recommend only using 1 set.
    * The sheet has three areas - both marked "spells known" (well - spells known and known spells). They should be named something like "Spells per day" and "Spells known"; or innate spells and spells known.

Overall - I went back to my own home-made form when I had to upgrade the character to the next level; mostly because updating the sheet took a lot longer and I had made numerous mistakes in all the manual entry.
  • ketherian
    ketherian
    After typing all that in, I remembered a few good things:

* I love the overall look.
    * I liked that it was selectable and printable (did it once in Chrome).
    * Easy integration of existing text.
    * A field for everything and and everything in its field. Other than a few labeling questions (mentioned previously) the sheet really works well.

I'm sorry to say I really didn't find any "work-arounds". I did use the special abilities column all the way down the list (because there were more special abilities than other items). And a work-around (I guess) was to enter them last on the sheet (so that you're not entering new lines half-way through the list of special abilities by adding a line to traits or feats).

I had thought there should be a text file that could be generated/mod'ed to be loaded with this sheet, but I couldn't find the like.
  • Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Dungeon_Master_Loki
    Thanks, I'll certainly refer back to this when I start adapting character sheets to OP! Still putting all my campaign bible up on the wiki...