OP & FB

BeZurKur
BeZurKur
edited March 2011 in Campaign Portal Building
I recall (I think) something about integrating FaceBook with Obsidian Portal. I've tried searching on the site (including forums) and found nothing. It would be really cool if OP could update in FB groups. Did I hallucinate this? If not, someone kindly point me in the direction of how to do this.

Comments

• Deadseid
    Deadseid
    When you make an update or create a new wiki page, there is a check-box near the bottom that allows you to broadcast the update on your linked facebook account. It will post a generic link on your wall to the page in question, with a brief summary of the page. Nothing more, as of yet.
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    You can use your Facebook login to log into Obsidian Portal, and you can also have all your campaign wiki updates post onto your Facebook wall. Below the Email Notification portion of any wiki edit screen, there is a section called Social Publishing. If that section is not there, you have to go to your campaign's settings by clicking the Edit Settings link in the Manage Campaign box on the upper-right of your campaign's home page. From there, you can opt-in to the social publishing feature.

I would love to be able to target these updates to post in a specific Facebook group, rather than to my wall, because I would rather not deluge everyone in my friends list with wiki update notifications. My gaming group and a few of my OP friends might be interested, but my boss and my mom, not so much :P
  • Deadseid
    Deadseid
    I know where you're coming from dusk. I use the publishing feature, but to use it every time would be obnoxious and would probably repel new visitors. And thanks for filling in the blanks. I couldn't remember how I linked my account in the first place :P. I hope they expand on this feature eventually. Being able to customize the link with custom thumbnails and whatnot would be nice, as well as your idea of being able to link to a group, instead of your main account. I would use that.
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Thanks. Yeah, unless I can post to a specific group, posting updates on FB is not an option for the reasons mentioned. Oh well... :-/
  • Duskreign
    Duskreign
    ZurK, I recommend just copy/pasting the url of the page you updated/adventure log you posted into your chosen group. I've been doing that recently, and it has been quite helpful.
  • BeZurKur
    BeZurKur
    Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best ones. Thanks, Dusk. :)