DM Wiki options?

ethersphere
ethersphere
edited December 2007 in Feature Requests

Comments

• ethersphere
    ethersphere
    I don't know how many of us out there have decided to use our DM wikis yet, but I just plunged into mine the other day after deciding to use it for a plot analysis of sorts for my campaign. And like most creative people I want to show off what I have, but I don't want my players being spoiled for life by the content.

Would it be possible to have an option in the future for DM wikis to be visible, but only to certain people? Kind of like friends-only or friend filtered entries on blog sites.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    There is another post somewhere on these forums asking the same thing, with some answers from Micah, but I can't find it atm.

[edit] here http://forums.obsidianportal.com/forums/5/topics/168

quickview :

"Currently no, and it’s not planned anytime soon. Even when we do get around to it, it will probably be a global flag of entire campaign public vs private.

Note: Sorry to be so blunt, but I prefer to be straight with people about these things.
    "
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    I'm not sure that was what he was asking. He wasn't asking if the campaign itself could be made public or private, but rather if there was a way for the as-of-now always private DM Wiki to be made selectively public, which is a different request altogether- although I suspect it will probably receive a similar response.
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    Yea, I think that'll be the case. The best you can get as far as some being visible and some not is in the NPC tracker.
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    bq. Yea, I think that’ll be the case. The best you can get as far as some being visible and some not is in the NPC tracker.

At least as of now. I mean, Micah could come in and surprise us, but there are bigger fish to fry at the moment.