Searching characters

Comments

• FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Let me describe the situation before I ask the questions, 'cause I think it'll make more sense that way.

On the main "Characters" page, I used the search field with a query of "D&D cleric" (sans quotes). Several characters popped up, but not the D&D cleric I had created. So I tried "D&D dwarf" instead (again sans quotes), and she came right up.

She's got "D&D", "cleric", "Pelor" and "Dwarf" as her tags, and I've also found both "cleric" and "dwarf" as words in her bio and her description. So I'm trying to figure out how exactly the search engine is, well, searching.

If the site is currently limiting how many results are returned, then that would probably explain it since clerics are pretty ubiquitous, but I'm also hoping for extra insight into the mechanics of searching in general. If nothing else, it might help me review my choice of words on my characters to make them easier to find by folks who only kind of know what they're looking for. =)
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    When I just searched, she was the second result under "cleric dwarf" (first result under "dwarf") I believe it searches by tags, but what could have happened, is that she wasn't quite there yet when you searched for her. ("indexed" so to speak, I'm not sure indexing is needed or not on Micha's system) Cleric brings up a bunch of results, and it does limit results, but adding in the extra tag "dwarf" narrows it down for you.

[edit] I think it also sorts by the newest.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    Thanks, geekevolved! It sounds like things are working pretty much as I hoped/expected, so I can just keep doing what I'm doing. That makes me happy. =)
  • geekevolved
    geekevolved
    Good :D