Hello

Bogus
Bogus
edited January 2011 in Player Lounge
Greetings All,

I'm new to registering with the site, but have been pouring over it for quite some time.
I've been gaming my whole life, due to an early introduction from my father.
I find something to like in nearly all systems, but my favorites are 3rd Ed, WoD and Dark Heresy.
Currently, I'm playing in a Star Wars and Dark Heresy campaign, but I'm working on my own historical fantasy game set in feudal Japan, using the WoD ruleset.

Any feedback or comments are appreciated!
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/crashing-waves

Comments

• DarkMagus
    DarkMagus
    Welcome Bogus!

There's much to take in here. There are some visually stunning sites and some amazing story lines and unique settings. Have fun browsing!

Historical settings have always sounded awesome to me, I love history, but have never quite felt comfortable going into the real past so I tend to make worlds influenced by historical societies instead. Though I never mind using the "real world" in a future setting. Go figure! Your campaign sounds very interesting. Sounds very Akira Kurosawa 7 Samurai to me. :)

I am currently developing a project here on OP called "Gaming Music":http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/gaming-music with a couple other users. It is a resource for DMs to find background music for their games. If you have any suggestions, ESPECIALLY from your Japanese setting for music we should add to the page please let me know. I've always felt a bit short on Japanese and Chinese music so I've never run a whole campaign in such a setting for that reason.

Hope to see you around the forums!
  • twiggyleaf
    twiggyleaf
    Welcome, Bogus

You will have a great time on OP, I am sure. There is also such a variety of games and sites on these pages. Truly inspirational, and you will find, if you use these forums to communicate, that the community is particularly helpful.

Your Feudal Japanese system sounds interesting. There is such a rich historical legacy to draw from. I remember being very inspired by the "Shogun" series from many years ago, not to mention Kurosawa, and more recently Ang Lee, Yimou Zhang, and indeed even Quentin Tarrantino.

I look forward to seeing more of you on the forums and will look into your site as well.

twigs

"I met a traveller from an antique land....."

CotM May 2016: Mysteria: set in Wolfgang Baur’s MIDGARD.

Previous CotM Aug 2012: Shimring: High Level Multiplanar Campaign

Inner Council Member

• Bogus
    Bogus
    Thank you for your comments!

@DarkMagus: I will definitely provide some suggestions on setting music from my campaign. I too am a fan of mood music, and I have some particular suggestions for you. Look for a message from me later. While my campaign does have historical roots, it is primarily for setting flavor. There will be a modest amount of fantastic elements to enjoy, hopefully.

@twiggyleaf: Thank you for the kind words. I am definitely inspired by Kurosawa. As a child growing up, they often would have a chanbara (literally: swordfighting) matin
  • RaseCidraen
    RaseCidraen
    Welcome to the portal Bogus! I see you've met welcoming commitee part 1, and I'm sure the forum will crash from the weight of the ensuing rush of additional awesome that will come to greet you in the future!
  • Poutine_Paladin
    Poutine_Paladin
    Not sure how I missed the boat on this welcoming session, but here I am...and welcome to you Bogus. I echo the sentiments of the rest of the crew....but that's not all I do....I do other stuff, too