Hello and thank you

commonsd
commonsd
edited December 2007 in Player Lounge

Comments

• commonsd
    commonsd
    Hello, I just started a campaign on this site, Legacy of Brutality, and my players are very excited about this new tool. Thanks for doing this!

Daren
  • Micah
    Micah
    Thank you for signing up and posting stuff!

Also, you should feel lucky that your players are excited. From what I hear from others around here, most players ignore the website altogether and show up completely unprepared, just like usual ;)
  • photoneater
    photoneater
    Welcome to the site! It really is a great tool, and I think you and your group will enjoy it a great deal.

bq. Also, you should feel lucky that your players are excited. From what I hear from others around here, most players ignore the website altogether and show up completely unprepared, just like usual ;)

The thing about players is they will always do something to annoy you- but as the DM you always reserve the right to kill, maim, and torture them vicariously through the game. It sort of evens out.
  • TroyAlford
    TroyAlford
    I've actually had pretty good luck getting (about half of) my group involved. :) I've been giving out XP - and the players are writing the adventure logs, filling out wiki articles, etc. I even have one of my players (who happens to be a graphic artist) doing things like creating game-system calendars, artwork, maps, etc. :)

It takes a little urging, I find, but getting them involved isn't impossible. :)
  • AidanDark
    AidanDark
    The only player of mine who comes on here at all is geekevolved but I'm still pretty much the only one who adds or edits anything on my campaign... I work two jobs so its very hard to find the time (and energy). I'm almost caught up to the adventure backlog now!

In other words: I'm very jealous that your players are excited and plan on using the site! Welcome!
  • commonsd
    commonsd
    Yeah its great, we're all really excited. We dont get to play much so this is serving as a great intermediary, so some will still come unprepared but some are gonna be over prepared with like extra minifigs and stuff.
    Anyways, I think this is a great site for getting hyped on the game during the downtime and allowing players to contribute too.
  • FemmeLegion
    FemmeLegion
    I know that in the campaign I'm currently playing (which I've toyed with trying to somewhat archive here), there's quite a bit of PBEM to handle minor storyline bits (usually personal side things) so that our face-to-face game time can focus on the big plot-moving stuff. So if my GM decides to actually start a new campaign rather than simply roll all his new concepts into the existing one, I'm going to really get on him to start using the site more and we can archive all our stuff here rather than in my email account. =)